Field 1- Chapter 5

Steven put on the jacket, pushing a note out of the left sleeve.

"This couldn't feel any more wrong," Steven said.

"What does it say?" Karin asked. Walking over to look at the note.

"Discard swords in pit to continue. WTTN," Steven read. "Is that the pit?"

They looked over at the gaping hole in the corner of the room.

"There's nothing else, what do you think WTTN means?" Lynda asked, looking over the edge of what they assumed was the pit. She hesitated a few seconds before dropping her sword in.

A doorway with green trimming appeared as it magic, slowly fading in.

"Okay, what's going on here?" Marcus said as Karin and Steven dropped theirs in, showing a purple and an orange trimmed doorway. Leaving one wall blank.

"Throw yours in," Karin said.

"What if there's more stuff and this was-"

"Want me to throw it in for you?" Steven said, cutting Marcus off mid ramble.

"Fine," Marcus said. Holding his hand over the edge and letting go of the sword, showing the fourth, yellow trimmed door as a panel was pushed over the pit and quickly retextured.

"It's like they aren't even trying now that we know something's up," Lynda said, crossing her arms.

"There's just a bed in here," Karin said, looking into the room with the orange trim.

"Why don't we get sleep then, I'm exhausted," Marcus said. Looking at the yellow trimmed doorway.

"That's not a bad idea," Steven said. Walking towards the purple trimmed doorway. "Goodnight!"

"Hopefully," Lynda replied. Walking towards the green trimmed room to get some rest.

She lay down and sighed. The room was quiet, and there was a chunk of ceiling missing that looked to be right above her ankle.

Lynda closed her eyes, hoping she could fall asleep quickly. Falling deep into the void known as sleep.

~

The world was falling, crumbling under their feet. Her friends started falling, first Karin, then Steven, then Marcus. She couldn't do anything. She felt useless.

As she fell, she saw a young boy, about seven to mine years old if she had to guess.

He was screaming, his hand outstretched. Standing in a hole in the wall. But she was falling.

"Launch Field 8," she heard from behind her.

She turned and saw nothing, who said that?

"Again? Launch Field 27," the voice said.

She once again, turned towards the voice, seeing nothing.

"It's not worth it!" a new voice said. She sat upright taking gasping breaths.

She was awake, thankfully. And her eyes wandered around the room. Landing on the hole in the ceiling.

Lynda stood up on the bed, looking at the gears, she grabbed onto the paneling for balance and found she could easily tear it away, making a now-gaping hole.

She stood on the tip of her toes and reached up to the gears, pulling one out and seeing nothing had happened.

"Lynda, you okay in-" Steven said walking in, stopping as he saw her standing under the hole.

The others walked in after him, staring up at the ceiling.

"Come on," Lynda said. They joined her hesitantly as she pulled away another gear.

"Alright then, let's see what happens now," Karin said. Yanking out a rather large one as Steven caught her from falling off the bed.

A dim light shone through into the dark room. They quickly revealed the hallway above. Staring out as if wondering what they were supposed to do.

"So, let's go up," Marcus concluded.

_______
A/N

This chapter was pretty short... and the next one will be too, but they're important ones, I would love to join them together... but that just wouldn't feel right. I hope the few people who've stumbled across this book enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it!

I just have a few things I wanted to get out there, I started out writing this story here because it's easier to access and I love Wattpad, I'm sure the story would be dead by now if I hadn't decided to write it here.

Support and feedback are GREATLY appreciated! I love writing this book but I tend to word things awkwardly sometimes... if you catch any awkward sentences, you can kindly point them out so I can try to fix them.

I'll try to respond to any comments. If you have any questions now or in the future, I'd be glad to answer them! (Unless you're asking about my plans for the book! That would ruin it!)

I just have a question for people who've read this far, if you wouldn't mind answering. But don't think you have to answer!

Who is your favourite character so far? Lynda, Marcus, Steven or Karin??

(Personally I love them all!)

Sorry for completely boring you with an authors note! I promise you chapter 6 is on its way!!

-Calexia31