Field Results- Test Three

The room finally stopped moving and four panels opened on the wall.

"I don't want to keep going," Karin said. Looking at the open spaces, each containing a sword with a coloured gem in the handle.

"Are we going to have to fight something?" Steven said. Cautiously picking up the sword with the purple gem. "Because I don't want to kill anyone."

"I don't think any of us want to kill someone," Lynda said in frustration as se walked over towards the wall. "Maybe we'll have to throw them like javelins to turn lights on."

"Good point, why is everything about the darkness? Is it supposed to represent hope or something?" Karin pointed out.

"I just hope we can see where we're going this time," Marcus complained.

A door slid up on the wall where the swords used to be. Revealing a long hallway. There were eight, giant spiders, four times their size, resting idly inside different sections.

"You go first!" Karin shouted, shoving Marcus in front of herself.

"I'm not your human sacrifice!" Marcus shouted back.

"Maybe they're harmless? Won't attack unless provoked?" Steven suggested.

"I'm pretty sure that's just called passive aggressive," Marcus corrected.

"At the moment though, they seem harmless," Steven replied.

"Whatever," the other responded.

"So let's just go as a group, maybe if anything it won't notice us?" Lynda suggested.

"Lynda and Marcus are our volunteers!" Karin shouted. Shoving the two over the line, but the spider remained dormant.

"Yeah, we'll stay back here to ambush it if it traps you guys," Steven replied.

"Whatever," Lynda replied. She started walking forwards, Marcus followed. When they got about halfway through it woke up and locked onto them and started charging. Lynda held out her sword in fear and the beast ran right into it and collapsed onto her.

Marcus was quick to pull her out from under it.

"Seemed easy enough..." Lynda said.

"Are you guys okay?!" Karin asked as she and Steven ran over.

Each spider seemed to learn their tactics each time, each being harder and harder to kill than the last. At the end they reached a room with a small chute in the wall where they were supposed to deposit the swords, and a new jacket for each of them to replace the others which had been torn and bloodstained.

"What next," Marcus said, stretching his arms over his head.

"Hopefully something easier than that," Lynda replied.

____
A/N

I have absolutely no motivation for this book anymore. So I'm going to finish it probably in the next or next few chapters. Sorry </3

I want to write more though. Check out my random book for updates on my new works <3

Have a great day or remainder of day

-Calexia31