Field 3- Chapter 1

It sounded loud, like metal.

bang bang bang

It was almost like someone hitting the side of an air vent.

"Hey!" a voice shouted.

Suddenly a door opened, it seemed too fast though. As she stood a chunk of the ceiling fell to the floor beside the bed.

She stepped out through the door and three other doors opened, another person stepping out of each.

There was banging on the wall and it attracted all of their attention.

"What's going on?!" the girl with orange stripes on her jacket asked.

"Not yet!" a voice shouted as the pounding stopped.

They stood there scared out of their minds. Nothing was happening.

"What was that? Where are we?" the guy with purple stripes on his jacket asked. She couldn't recognize his accent.

"There's someone behind the wall!" the other guy said, he ran up and hit it, quickly drawing his hand back in pain.

A panel slid up behind them, attracting their attention. Beyond was a room with lasers shooting out of the walls.

"Is someone trying to kill us?" The other girl asked.

"No I think they're trying to test us," she replied. "My name's Lynda, by the way."

"I'm Marcus, uh, but I go by Marc," The guy with yellow stripes on his jacket commented.

"We exchanging names before our deaths? I'm Karin," the other girl said.

"Steven," the guy with the accent said.

"What are we supposed to do? There's just a room with lasers, how can we do anything?" Marcus asked. "There isn't even a clear way out."

"Do we have to do something with the lasers?" Lynda asked, walking close to one of them.

"Don't touch it!!" Marcus shouted.

"I won't," Lynda said, although she knew she wanted to.

"They don't hurt," Steven said as the laser cut off, stopping against his hand.

"Steven!!" Marcus shouted. "Wait they don't? Then what's the point to lasers!"

"To scare us?" Karin replied. Stepping through one easily.

"What do we do thought! There's nothing to do with the lasers!" Marcus shouted frustrated.

"Let's try to block all of them!" Steven said, reaching out with his foot to block another.

"What would that do?" Marcus complained.

"It might get us further than we are now," Lynda said. Stepping by and cutting off the path of another laser.

"This makes no sense," Marcus said. But as he blocked the last laser a place in the wall sank down.

An alarm started blaring as we heard a blaring noise and three others appeared from beyond the doorway to hold it open.

"Come on! They're trying to trap you all in!" A guy said. He had red hair covering one of his eyes and a dog tag around his neck.

They all ran for the doorway and as they all passed through the three stepped back and the door slammed shut, blocking out most of the blaring alarms.

"This way!" he shouted. Running through a hole in the wall. "Martins, block the exit!"

"Got it Chairen!!" a short boy with fluffy hair and glasses said as they left him behind.

The four followed them down the small tunnel, eventually ending at a door.

"Bella the door! We got them!" The guy shouted, pounding his fist on it until it opened and the other girl with them hopped down.

Lynda noticed then the cloth covering her eyes, how could she possibly know what was going on?

The four dropped down as well with no hesitation, all but Marcus landing on their feet.

They heard a cheerful scream from down the tunnel as suddenly the boy, referred to as Martins came shooting down the tunnel shoving the other out with him as the younger started laughing, standing up and turning to the four others.

"Hey! I'm Zippi Martins! Project enhanced speed!" he chimed. "This is my good friend Chairen Moeck! He's from project nether like you guys!"

"Hi?" Karin responded. "Were you the one's banging on the walls?"

"Yeah, that was me," another girl said. "Mabel Aura Caroline, project limited hover. And that's my sister Lucy, project cat DNA."

"Hey," Lucy said, she had cat ears on her head and a fluffy tail. Her hair was really staticky.

"Ezzolyn Bella!!" chimed a girl with the same accent as Steven, but here seemed a lot less like theirs. "From project weak telekinesis, those doors opening was me. And those two are Tylor Mecrecy, project telepathy and Ryly Maurty, project echolocation. Tylor is a mute and Ryly is basically a mute."

"Basically?" Marcus asked.

"Her loudest is just under a whisper," Chairen responded. "She's also blind before you ask."

"Well I'm Marc, these are Lynda, Karin and Steven," Marcus explained.

"Uh, hey," Steven said.

"You're Australian like Ezzy!" Zippi shouted.

"Tylor, get to finding their files," Chairen said. The taller walking to a panel in the wall and sliding his fingers across it to wake up the software.

___
A/N

Turns out I accidentally made typos and switched to first person a bit xD

Have a great day or remainder of day!

-Calexia31