Field 4- Chapter 1

Something heavy hit her knee hard and she sat up quickly, having been woken and left in shock.

She saw a chunk of the ceiling was missing and looking down she shoved it off the bed as she got up and yawned.

There was a loud hissing noise as a door sank into the ground, revealing a brightly lit space beyond it.

She stepped out, shielding her eyes as they adjusted to the light. A pillar was in the middle of the room emitting the bright, white light.

There were three other boys in the room, the one that stood out the most had seen the others and tried to run back to the room he came out of, being stopped as it slammed shut and he turned back around and just sank down to the floor.

The light suddenly got blindingly bright before dimming extremely, leaving them in the near-dark.

"What was that?" asked one of them. As her eyes adjusted she recognized him as the one with brown hair and a yellow and black jacket.

"I don't think any of us know," she replied. Adjusting her green and black jacket, looking back at the guy who looked scared out of his mind.

"Got that right," the taller, blond one said, he had a different accent than herself and the brunet boy. "I'm Steven."

"I'm Marcus, but just call me Marc," the brunet said. His eyes lingering on the other boy who had yet to say anything as they swept the room.

"I'm, uh, Lynda," she said.

It went quiet and she walked over to the other boy. He had red hair and a red and black jacket. Different from them he also had a dog tag around his neck.

"Are you alright?" she asked him, he glanced up at her then hid his head again.

"U-uhm... y-yeah... I-I'm fine," he stuttered. "M-my name's C-Chairen."

"Nice to meet you," Lynda replied, trying to comfort him. He was obviously shy, and probably didn't feel comfortable around them.

He nodded slightly and she smiled to herself, looking around the room. There was a panel in the centre of the room with a handle on it.

"Are we maybe supposed to go wherever that leads to?" she asked, pointing at it.

"Maybe," Marcus replied. Steven stepped forwards and grabbed the handle pulling hard for a few seconds before it released it's hold and flung back, catching him off guard and sending him falling backwards.

There was a short drop down into what looked like a sewer.

"So we go down there?" Marcus asked disgustedly.

"Only one way to find out!" Steven said, Lynda felt like that phrase sounded familiar to her, but just ignored it.

"Wait! It could be dangerous!" Chairen shouted, jumping forwards and grabbing Steven to prevent him from jumping. Immediately stepping back as his face went red in embarrassment.

"What else should we do?" Marcus asked, looking at Chairen confused.

"M-make sure it's safe... b-before just jumping d-down?" he said nervously, avoiding all of their gazes and staring at the ground. "Or y-you could just j-jump..."

Marcus knelt down next to the opening and looked around.

"There's some sort of... watch out!!" Marcus cried out, jumping away just seconds before a bright beam of light shot out before fading away. He shook his hand which had been slightly caught in the beam. "It's really hot, maybe we have some time limit to get somewhere?"

Chairen smiled. "See! I saved you! I you'd just jumped down there you would've probably burnt to death!" he boasted. He was kind of acting like a young kid, desperate for attention. But hadn't he been hiding away seconds ago?

"Yeah, thanks," Steven replied smiling back at him. Chairen smiled a bit more then looked back at the ground. Saying something to himself happily.

"There's another room over there!" Marcus suddenly shouted. "After the next flash we'll all jump down and run for it."

"Are you sure that's safe?" Chairen asked.

"It's the only thing to do other than sit here forever," Marcus replied.

"Okay," Chairen said quietly. Nervously joining the other three around the hole.

The bright flash came again and Lynda covered her eyes.

"Go!" Marcus shouted, they all dropped down into the shallow layer of brown water and she ran after them despite the bar through her vision.

She felt someone pulling her down a second before another flash went over them.

"Thanks," Lynda said, looking at Chairen who let go of her wrist.

"You're welcome!" he said cheerily.

"Everyone got down okay?"

"Yeah," Steven said.

"Yes," Lynda said, messing with her hair slightly.

"I'm good," Chairen chirped, still smiling slightly.

With a loud noise a ceiling closed over the gap, leaving them in the room with only one door out.

____
A/N

I love this Field I can't exaggerate that more <3

It's short (in my opinion) but I don't have everything laid out before me, just the gist of what I want to happen, so I don't want a chapter to be too long, and these breaking points separate the different parts well I find.

What do you think about Chairen?

Have a great day or remainder of day!

-Calexia31