Field 5- Chapter 4

Lynda heard a soft zap of electricity behind the wall. She was sat alone, she felt somewhat guilty for some reason.

She heard the footsteps behind it, but they were apparently in the middle of a giant building. So that wasn't surprising.

There was a depressing mood about this place. Ever since they'd arrived there  a few hours ago.

It was strange. It was like the others expected them to know who they were and what try meant. It all just confused her.

Suddenly there was an electric zap next to her and she jumped away, the orange glow instantly shouting fire to her.

"I got the right guys! Sick!" an unfamiliar voice shouted in excitement. "You can call me Circuit. I've been called that so much I've forgotten my other name."

Lynda backed away in fear. He had dark brown, almost black hair that went to just above his shoulders. He wore a bright orange t-shirt and had jeans and yellow and orange shoes. On his right wrist was a thick yellow and orange bracelet.

His left side was basically a near-black metal though. From his left knee down, his left shoulder and a bit of his chest, his entire left arm was metal, the left side of his neck, and more than half of his face. His hair started where the metal ended. His left eye was robotic and glowed bright orange, his right a light brown colour.

"Did I scare you? Sorry," he said, grabbing the collar of his shirt with his right hand and pulling on it as an orange and yellow hoodie appeared on him out of nowhere, already rolled up on the right arm to show his bracelet.

"What are you?" Lynda asked, instantly realizing that sounded kinda rude.

"Honestly I'm more of software than a human," he replied. "I'll explain later, just gotta get you all together, go to the bedroom, you'll want to sit there it's comfortable."

"Okay! Gotta go get the others! Bye bye!" Circuit said. Waving his hand back and forth before disappearing in an orange electricity burst.

Lynda walked over to the bedroom are and saw some of the others.

"Strange robot Circuit guy showed up for you too, didn't he?" Mabel asked. Lynda nodded and sat on the bottom of an empty bed.

"Who haven't I got?" Circuits voice asked as he appeared in the room and walked into the centre of the ring of beds. "Ohhhhh one second!"

He disappeared again and after a while Ezzolyn, Lucy and Karin walked in. Taking seats around the room.

"Any of you know where Chairen is?" Circuits voice said to break the silence as he appeared again. It seemed every time he appeared or disappeared his right hand was against the wall. "So so so sorry you have to wait so long. I don't think I'll be able to get him in here if he doesn't recognize me which I bet he won't. Sorry for rambling."

He disappeared again and Lynda looked around the room. Suddenly the door opened and Circuit walked in holding Chairen's hand, the read haired boy frowning in protest.

"They don't want to hurt you, just sit down and I'll explain everything," Circuit explained softly to Chairen. He sat down on an empty lower bunk and his against the wall hugging his knees close.

Circuit walked into the centre of the room. Still wearing the magically appearing hoodie.

"Long story short, I have answers to our questions and am working on your escape and a big win for us. I call it, Project Results," Circuit said. Letters hovering in front of him reading Project: Results. "These are some of the answers I have for example. Why they should be careful with Lynda, what it was like inside Project Nether, why Chairen survived, and my story. What do you want to hear first?"

____
A/N

I meant to update more frequently than this! I just made Circuit today and wanted him in the book (he wasn't really planned to appear and helped me fix a little bit of writers block  😁)

I will try to be more frequent but for those who don't know im currently writing four books. Two with friends (one is new) on the sweeterthanfiction04 account, this book, and Amulets which is just taking off.

Have a great day or remainder of day

-Calexia31