One Wish

"Do you think she would like this?" Lauren insecurely asked Dinah and glanced down at the present she has bought for her best friend. Dinah smiled sadly and nodded at the green eyed girl whose eyes were now filled with tears, suddenly remembering her old memories with her best friend.

"Of course she will Lo, she always loves your presents" Dinah says and knelt down on the grass before placing her own present in front of the gravestone along with a bunch of flowers that her best friend loves. She didn't bother using past tenses since they always felt like the girl was always with them, it was as if she didn't pass away at all. They could still feel her presence around the place, although it might sound a bit scary but it did make them a bit better especially Lauren. The raven haired girl followed suit and placed her own present beside Dinah's, tears now streaming down her face.

"Happy birthday, Camz" Lauren whispered and traced the girl's name engraved on the granite stone with her fingers, along with her birth date and the day she passed away. It was the day Lauren wanted to go back to and change it but sadly, she can't. Lauren sighed and sat crossed leg on the trimmed grass, her knees starting to hurt. Dinah did the same and suddenly an idea popped into her head, remembering something.

"Why don't you make a wish for her? I think she will appreciate that and plus, we haven't done that before" Dinah said and once Lauren nodded, she lit up the weird looking candle that was inside a glass before placing it in front of Lauren. The older Latina furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the candle.

"What the hell is that?" Lauren asked and looks at it weirdly. Dinah frowned and looked at her incredulously.

"A candle, what else do you fucking think is?" Dinah sarcastically said and playfully rolled her eyes at the girl who glared at her. "See that Mila? Lolo is such an idiot" Dinah chuckled and traced her best friend's name engraved on the granite.

Believe it or not, Lauren could hear Camila's adorable laugh resulting for goosebumps to spread throughout her whole body. It seemed like she wasn't the only one when she notice Dinah shudder, The cool breeze of the wind hits their exposed arms and they both shiver at the same time, suddenly feeling cold.

They could hear the rustling of leaves and the trees swaying from side to the side being blown by the wind. Lauren wrapped her arms around herself, the sweater that she was wearing was not enough for the sudden coldness on the graveyard. She looks up at the bright shining moon, it's moonlight was casting shadows on the old and moss covered gravestones, some where toppled over or broken compared to Camila's that was still clean and new looking. After all, Lauren and Dinah always came to visit either to clean their best friend's place or to just 'hang out'. unlike probably most of the other gravestones, people stopped visiting their loved ones or maybe their visitors were also under 6 feet ground.

Dinah and Lauren promised their best friend that they would never stop visiting her, no matter what happens and of course, Camila also promised the same thing since they were little. Honestly, they had no idea how they got to that subject and ended up pinky promising each other that when one of them passed away, they would never stop visiting her. They would never break that promise until they themselves are under 6 feet ground.

Lauren and Dinah snapped their heads towards the direction of the squeaking sound and almost sighed in relief when it was just the rusty hinges on the gate squeaking as the wind blows it. They then turned their heads to their right where they saw a huge tree, the moonlight perfectly casting down a huge shadow of it and they both noticed a hooting owl.

Lauren felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up, as well as Dinah.

"Did you hear that?" Dinah asked her eyes wide, turning back towards Lauren who slowly nodded "This is so freaky, we should have went here this morning"

"I heard it too" Lauren truthfully told her and gave Dinah a quick glance before looking back down at the gravestone. "Freaky huh? It's probably just in our heads, right? since Camila usually laughs at your jokes" Lauren nodded, trying to convince themselves that they weren't going crazy.

"True, your jokes are hella lame just like hers" Dinah chuckled making Lauren playfully glare at her. "You two are literally the only one who laughs at your own jokes, the jokes that we don't even understand at all"

"Shut up Dj, our jokes are funny!" Lauren huffed defending themselves and crossed her arms. "I have heard you guys laugh at our jokes"

"We laughed because it was hella lame" Dinah shrugged and chuckles, shaking her head in amusement. "No offense, chanch"

"Camila is going to hunt you in your sleep for calling her jokes lame" Lauren jokes, pointing her finger at Dinah who raised both her hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry, geez. Now can you make a wish already? The candle is going to melt" Dinah impatiently said and pointed over to the melting candle inside the glass.

"That doesn't even look like a candle" Lauren muttered and turned towards the candle, examining its weirdness "It looks really weird, where'd you get it?"

"From an old lady near the gate. she told me that when you light this up and make a wish...it will come true. Honestly, I don't believe her but since I needed a candle for light...I bought it" Dinah told her and lighted up the candle again seeing that the fire went off. "Hurry up idiot, make a wish already. it's melting"

"Okay, okay" Lauren muttered and slowly closed her eyes to make a wish. She hoped that it will come true just what the old lady said.

I wish..I wish that Camila would be here with us again. Lauren mentally wished and slowly leaned in, blowing the fire off. She opened her eyes and looked at Dinah who was carefully watching her.

"What'd you wish?" Dinah whispered and stared at the now melted candle.

"Camila" Lauren muttered. sighing, she leaned her head on Dinah's shoulder.

"You wished for Camila? What do you mean?" Dinah asked with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and glanced at Lauren who was leaning on her shoulder.

"I wished that Camila would be back here with us" Lauren muttered, closing her eyes. "I know it's impossible but I just can't help it, I really miss her Dinah...it's been 2 fucking years without her and she's not coming back"

"Honestly lo, I would have wished for the same thing" Dinah truthfully said, nodding. "Wait, did you like..wish for her to really come back and not just for a day or..?"

"It's not like it's going to come true" Lauren whispered, her voice cracking. "I hope it does" Lauren can't help but feel a bit of hope in her that it would indeed come true even if it was insanely impossible.

"What if it does? People would freak out when they see her, what do you do?"

"I don't know Dj, we can move in to a new apartment and start again?" Lauren shrugged and sat up straight, once again tracing Camila's name on the granite stone.

"Yeah, I guess so...All for Camila" Dinah and Lauren sighed at the same time and they both stood up ready to leave. They dusted off the cut grass that was sticking on their pants and Dinah pointed her finger at Camila's gravestone, her eyes narrowing at it "You better be back, Mila or I'm going to have to drag you out of heaven and back to earth"

"We really did go insane, did we?" Lauren chuckled, shaking her head in amusement at Dinah who laughed along and shrugged, still looking down at her best friend's gravestone.

"Yes, yes we did"

-
A/N: Camila in this story passed away on the age of 17 if you were wondering...

Oh! And don't worry guys! If you liked this, there will be part two 😄😊😄 
Because I still have a few ideas for the story haha