Omega (3)

Since most of you wanted a part 3, here y'all go! I'm sorry if it kinda sucks and it's so short 😂

-

Camila picked up the old picture frame containing a small picture inside that she had kept inside the attic for years with her, unconsciously smiling back at it. The picture was taken years ago when her parents were still here with her and just by looking at the photo, it brought tons of memories back into her mind for her to remember. She missed them so much.

"Camz?" Lauren peeked through the small door of the attic, holding on the railing of the ladder and decided to go up in the room as well. She studied it, frowning at how small and crowded it actually was. Camila turned around at the sound of her voice and smiled, blinking rapidly to prevent the tears that would have surely fell out of her eyes. However, it didn't go unnoticed by her mate and walked over to where she was to notice the picture in her hands. She didn't question it, knowing what tragically had happened to both of her parents. It saddened her to see her mate like this again, almost feeling what she felt.

Her parents were the most wonderful people her own parents had met and they said it themselves. Their pack were quite close with Camila's pack. Her father, Mike, even told her to always protect Camila at all causes. She had promised to him that day but she was still quite little and didn't quite understand why she had to.

Sometimes, Lauren wondered if she still remembers when they used to play outside their house when they were little and now thinking back to the past, she wondered what had happened between them. She figured it was because she had blamed Camila for the death of her parents but later on accepted it, leaving the girl alone instead.

She felt guilty for not doing so and let her live in this filthy little attic that she had started living in when their pack had been attacked, she wanted to make up for not doing what she should have done. She remember when Sinu, Camila's mother, knocked on the door of their house and led Camila inside with only clothes in her backpack before immediately going back to her pack across from their border to go back to her husband. She remembered when Camila stayed on the living room the whole night while their pack was being attacked, the little girl was just as confused as Lauren was.

Lauren tilted her head to the side in confusion and curiosity as she stared at Camila from across the living room, the girl's cheeks was evident with tears rolling down. her nose had a tint of pink on it and her eyes puffy. She wondered why she was silently crying or why she was in their house in the middle of the night. Lauren was suppose to be asleep by now but something kept her up and decided to go downstairs when she couldn't find her parents, only to hear a soft whimper form the living room. The house was quiet enough for her to be able to hear it clearly.

Lauren looked around for any sign of the members awake before quietly tip toeing to the small girl on the couch. However, she wasn't as sneaky as she thought she was when Camila looked up from playing with her fingers, confusion etched over her face. She stopped fiddling when she saw Lauren.

"Why are you crying?" Lauren asked softly, pushing herself up on the couch by her small hands so she was now sitting beside the girl. The brown eyed girl shrugged and glanced outside the window before looking back at Lauren.

"I want to go home." Camila murmured.

"So why are you here?"

"I don't know."

"Lauren?" Camila snapped Lauren out of her thoughts, bringing her mind back to the present. "What are you thinking about?"

"The picture." Lauren pointed at the small ripped photo, only leaving Camila's family behind because the other half of the picture was with Lauren in her own room. "Do you remember when that was?"

"Of course." Camila nodded, standing up from her kneeling position and took the photo with her. "I don't know where the other half is though."

"My room." Lauren answered her unasked question, pointing behind her with her thumb. "It's in my room."

"Why do you have it?"

"You don't remember?" Lauren asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she studied Camila's expression. All she saw was confusion which she then assumed that the girl really didn't remember what the whole photo was contained.

"No. What am I missing?"

"Come on, I'll show you." Lauren gave her a smile and reached for her hand, intertwining it before carefully going down from the attic. Camila furrowed her eyebrows as Lauren led her to her room, looking at the direction that Lauren had pointed out. She hadn't even notice the line of photos on the wall until now.

Camila walked over to them, pursing her lips as she studied each of it intently. One particular photo stood out the most.

"Oh." Camila breathe out, tears brimming in her eyes as memories started pouring once again. The day when her mom left her in the Jauregui pack. She remembers now. Lauren was there and she sat with her in the living room the whole night just to comfort her, how could she not remember?

"I'm sorry." Lauren whispered, wrapping her arms around Camila's waist from behind and nuzzled her face on the girl's shoulder, her breath hitting the girl's skin making her slightly shiver.

"Sorry for what?"

"I promised my dad to protect you, but I didn't. I broke it." Lauren explained prompting for the girl to turn around in her arms, culling her cheeks to caress it.

"You did?" Lauren nodded and leaned on the girl soft and gentle touch, closing her eyes in the process. "Well, I'm still alive aren't I?"

"Yeah."

"You can make up for it..." Camila trailed off, smiling once again when the green eyes came back to her vision she she could look at her.

"How?"

"You could... Make me banana and chocolate chips pancakes." Camila suggested, wiggling her eyebrows making the older girl chuckle but nodded nonetheless.

"That's it?" Lauren cocked an eyebrow at her almost challengingly. Camila hummed in thought before a blush crept onto her cheeks. "What is it, Camz?"

"You could... Give me a.. You know, kiss?"

Lauren giggled at the girl before leaning in to capture her lips in her own for a gentle kiss. Camila smiled in content, almost melting on the contact and closed her eyes but later on pouted when Lauren pulled away, abruptly cutting it short.

Her first kiss.

"Why do you taste like bacon?" Lauren chuckled and Camila only shrugged.

"Because I ate bacon."

Then, once again, Lauren leaned in for another kiss. In between contained with giggles and laughters.