Chocolate

Lauren trudges down the cold and wet stone pavement after a long day at school, the rain pouring down heavily on her making her completely drenched and out cold but however, she continued to walk down the sidewalk with her head hung low. The rain showered on the car's roof and there were puddles on the stone pavement, People were running as they try to keep themselves dry by finding a roof where they could stay for awhile and umbrellas were open.

Lauren shoved her hands inside the large pockets of her large grey hoodie and Despite its hood covering half of her face, the water droplets rolled down on Lauren's pale face from her forehead, her cheeks, to her chin and then to the sides of her neck until it gets absorbed by either her shirt or her hoodie.

She heavily sighs and kicked a pebble over to her side where it lands on a puddle. She didn't bring anything with her today, seeing that it was a Friday and usually, they don't get much home works on Fridays which today was one of them. It was a big relief to Lauren because if she did bring her stuff, it would have been completely drenched and ruined by the rain. She didn't want that to happen.

She was also glad that she finished most of her home works and projects through out the whole week, giving her less time of enjoyment for herself. She knew would all be worth it at the end.

The raven haired girl continued to walk, dragging her feet with her, her shoes and clothes completely wet.

She felt like she was walking for miles and all she ever wanted to do was go home and hit the sack already, even if it was still quite early for her to go to sleep. But she was just so tired, she barely had any sleep yesterday and the day before yesterday...probably even the day before the day before yesterday. Lauren's mind goes on elsewhere, thinking about what her life would be like if she would have just agreed singing on stage.

People would probably laugh or make fun of her, maybe even bully her. Lauren cringes, she'd rather say in this kind of life; has Less but true friends, practically invisible to most people in her school but was in peace and left alone, has a lovable family. She doesn't want much attention, nor will she ever want to get teased with her voice.

Ugh, The cruelty of humanity. Lauren thought.

While the girl was deep in her thoughts, her foot trips on something—or someone's foot which resulted for her to fall down on the ground that immediately snapped her out of her thoughts and back to reality. Luck must have been with her.

She immediately stretches her arms in front of her and braced for her fall. Her palms and knees lands landed first on the ground followed by her grunt in pain and water splashes over her entire body as the car drives through the rainwater inches away from her.

Well, it was better than getting hit by a car while she was deep in thought or splashed by wet mud across her whole body as she fell.

Lauren quickly stood up and removed the hood off of her head, some of her wet hair sticking on her forehead and neck. She huffs and looked up just to be met by chocolate brown eyes staring straight at her as if she was sucking her entire soul. She didn't even help Lauren get up nor was she apologizing.

The girl was just there standing, frozen like a freaking statue as she stared at Lauren who stared back at her with her now dull green eyes. It was like a staring contest, as if they were waiting for one of them to speak up and apologize first—at least Lauren was.

The girl didn't blink not even once, she just stared. It made Lauren somewhat uncomfortable but she didn't back down from this weird game they started. The raven haired girl noticed that the girl was thin and quite pale, probably even paler than Lauren. she was wearing a worn out sweater and a small black shirt inside of it. her pants were ripped on the knees, but people probably would just think it was ripped skinny jeans and was done on purpose, but it wasn't. Or that's what Lauren thought. Her wet dark brown hair was tied to the side by a scrunchie, some of her hair was also sticking to her neck and forehead. Her eyes...it was this, beautiful shade of brown, it reminds her of the sweetest chocolate.