Mate (4)

A/N: this is really short xoxo

-

After Camila's confession about Lauren being her mate a few days ago, everything didn't go smooth at all. She isn't living in some fantasies and fairy tales where there were always happy endings.

In fact, things got so awkward between them. Tension would fill up the whole room every time they would be in the same room — alone or not. The girls didn't seem to notice though.

Usually, Lauren would be the one ignoring Camila but now, the latter decided to give her some space and stopped bothering her. Of course she would act like that, she had a boyfriend! And though Camila regretted telling her, it had already happened and it's not like she can go back in time. She wished she can though. Her wolf was hurting and so was she. And if ever she can't take it anymore, she just have to reject Lauren or let her reject her then maybe she can actually move on without hurting. It would really be nice if she can have Lauren all to herself though, but that isn't happening.

Fate? Screw fate.

She had already prepared what to say to Lauren. She just have to say it out loud in front of her.
I, Camila Cabello reject you, Lauren Jauregui as my mate.

Wait, does this even work? This is so stupid. Louis might be playing another prank at her and she wouldn't even know. Damn you Louis.

"Louis, are you sure this will work?" Camila asked, tugging at the boy's sweatshirt and looked up at him with narrowed eyes. Why was he so tall?

"Yes!" He says exasperated, throwing his hands up. This have probably been Camila's 20th question. She was hurt and he knew that, he didn't want to tell her how to reject her mate in the first place since he knew — base on his friend's  experience — that it would hurt. Some werewolves would even become weak and Camila might jus the one of them if she would do this. "You know, you don't have to do this."

"It hurts." Camila shrugged and leaned her back on the locker as well, looking down at her overused grey converse that she noticed was untied but didn't actually care. Louis sighed. Camila really wouldn't tell him what exactly happened. She was like a sister to him and nobody should ever hurt her. Even Lauren, who probably doesn't even know she was hurting Camila physically and mentally without actually laying a finger at her.

"I have to go." He muttered and stood up straight, glancing around the hallways. Girls were still swooning over him and it was quite annoying but he ignored it. Camila frowned and stood up straight as well.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere." Was all he said before leaving.

x x x

"What the —" Lauren didn't have time to finish her sentence when she was suddenly roughly pulled inside an empty classroom followed by the bang of the door.

"Listen, here kid and listen carefully." Louis hissed, pointing a menacing finger at Lauren who looked up at him in confusion but nonetheless nodded. "Camila's going to reject you and don't you dare accept it."

Okay straight to the point.

"What? Why?" Lauren frowned, though oddly enough, she somewhat felt hurt after hearing that. Maybe it was because she was suppose to be her mate?