I know what you did last summer

A/N: inspired by IKWYDLS by Shawn and Camila! I love the song (:

And omg, I'm so sorry if you ever read the other unfinished IKWYDLS (long ess title) because I accidentally clicked published not once but twice! I forgot the the save button wasn't on the same place as it used to be because of the new update...So I'm SOOO sorry so I unpublished it and wrote it again 😅

-

"Lauren!" A familiar raspy voice calls out desperately as she tried to catch up with Lauren who was moving her legs as fast as she could just to avoid her. It was an early Monday morning, the first day of their school after their summer vacation and they were now finally seniors, their last year and probably the last year they would be seeing each other. They both talked about college through their phones seeing that Lauren had to go to California to stay with her parents for her summer while Camila stayed in Miami.

The two girls met when 13 years old Lauren and her family went to have a vacation in Miami, Florida and to visit her grandmother. The Raven haired girl met the brown eyed beauty at a bookstore and since then, she loved her. She still does. She was the reason why Lauren was here, in Miami and was living with her grandmother instead of her family. She considered Miami her home. After all, it was where she was born.

The two girls talked about how they would never stop talking to each other unless necessary (which wasn't hard) and have fun together before the end of school year just in case they wouldn't be in the same college. Because they both knew that if they wouldn't be together in college, they would start to slip away unless they both work hard not to let that happen but it was already happening, before they even step to college or even start their senior high school just because of what Camila have done.

Lauren knew and Camila knew that she knew.

The Raven haired girl ignored her, her eyes were glaring down at the poor tiled ground as she walked quickly towards her locker. Her teeth were clenched and her eyebrows were furrowed and before she knew it, a familiar hand tightly grabbed her wrist to which she had no other choice but to stop walking. "Lauren...please talk to me"

"Lauren, I didn't mean it..I'm sorry, please. Don't leave me Lauren, please..I didn't mean it...I know what I did was wrong, I know I was stupid and I don't have an explanation for what I have done but Lauren please...I won't do it again...I.." Camila wiped her tears with her other hand and her grip loosens.

Lauren, however, harshly pulled her hand back and continued her walk but again, Camila spoke. "Lauren..." Her voice cracked and a sob escaped her lips, the sound pierced a needle into Lauren's already broken heart.

That one word made the girl finally look up and turned around to be met by those very familiar brown eyes. It didn't seem as bright as it used to be, it wasn't like the brown eyes that would seem to light up every time she sees Lauren, it wasn't as happy as it looked when she was in Lauren's arms, when Lauren calls her Camz.

Camila loves her, she always did and Lauren knew that, she knew but she can't just go back to her, hold her close, kiss her like nothing happened and pretend that everything will be okay when it wouldn't be, she promised herself that she wouldn't let her heart shatter even more despite wanting to be with Camila 24/7. It may sound selfish but it was the only thing that she was doing for herself, the rest of the things she was doing was for other people who she truly cared about so she wasn't going to break that promise, hopefully not.

What she didn't know was that, will Camila still continue loving her? She was slipping away while she was in California and she had done the 'mistake' many times so how would Lauren know if she could trust her again? How could it be a mistake if she didn't do it once but many times?  And Lauren saw it with her own two eyes.