Lost soul (2)

Lauren suddenly shot up from the bed, her clammy hands tightly clutching the sheets as sweat formed on her forehead and her hair slightly sticking on her skin. Her breathing was ragged and her heartbeat was as loud as the sounds of the gun shots, feeling like something was blocking her lungs to prevent her from properly breathing. She looked as if she had just ran a marathon and her massive headache wasn't helping.

Lauren frowned deeply as she finally processed where she was, not quite remembering walking or driving back home or even sleeping in this very bed. The last thing she vaguely remember was the heated kiss she shared with Camila, which had supposedly happened in the four walls of the art room of their school.

Was it all real or was it just a dream? An illusion, hallucination? It felt too real, it couldn't be.

Then, Lauren rolled her eyes at her stupidity because, of course it was a dream. Camila couldn't magically go back to her from the dead with blue mesmerizing eyes.

She was totally going insane.

Lauren yawned, stretching out her hands and was about to yank the covers off of her body when something or rather someone reeled her back in. Something warm, soft and... Human.

"Camila...?" Lauren cautiously whispered, her eyes widening when the girl's head peeked through the cover and her eyes the connected with those amazing blue but tired eyes. Okay, so that wasn't a dream after all. "What are you.."

"Hey Lauser, wake up!" Dinah's voice boomed throughout the apartment walls, the sound was like a switch being pulled because the next thing she knew The smaller girl abruptly jumps out of the bed in panic, her eyes going as wide as the saucers while she frantically looked around the room like she was trying to find something to cover herself in but only let's out a small squeak when she stepped on Lauren's scattered clothes, resulting for her whole body to fall down to the ground with a loud painful thud that even Lauren had to flinch.

The older girl stood up to help her, not even trying to hide the amusement in her eyes. Camila glared at her with a weird look Lauren couldn't quite decipher, while making weird panicky motions with her hand. She froze when the door burst open. "Oh, you're awake.."

Lauren looked up and smiled awkwardly, occasionally glancing down at the girl only to earn a tight but the not-tight-enough-to-hurt-her squeeze on her foot and a nervous look thrown at her.

Dinah looked at her weirdly, stretching out her neck to try to get a glimpse of what Lauren was looking at and frowned, adding up to her confusion when the girl not-so-secretly threw her covers under the bed as if she was trying to hide something.

However, Dinah decided to shrug it off for now, figuring that it was probably something she didn't want to see anyway. 

"Well, go get ready. We're going to eat in a restaurant somewhere here in New York and to meet up with Ally because I'm starving since some people forgot to order takeout for all of us and thought it was a good idea to go to sleep when all of us haven't eaten anything yet!"

Lauren's eyebrows shot up in surprise, quickly turning to the unicorn designed clock she owned hanging on her wall, indicating it was only 7:32 pm before looking back apologetically at Dinah.

"Sorry D, I forgot."

"Yeah, whatever, I don't know what time you came home since I was in my room when you did but I saw you passed out on the couch when I got out. So, mani being the good friend that she was told me to transfer you to the bed since she had to go to class. You should thank me because if I didn't, you would be suffering with pain right now." Dinah waved her hand dismissively, glancing at the time on her phone while the grip on Lauren's foot tightened, prompting for the older girl to try to shake the girl's hand off of her with a scowl. The girl was literally tightly clenching her foot with her soft hands as if she was trying to breaking a bone.