Curse

A/N: this is supposed to be horror but idk it's not even scary lmao.

------

Camila's trembling hands tightly held the flashlight as her weak knees continued to slowly step down the stairs towards the dark basement. She had placed a brick that would — hopefully — hold up the door so she wouldn't lock herself in the basement. This really dark, scary and dusty basement. The only light was coming from her flashlight and the small bulb across the basement door. She lives alone and she does have friends but they have lives too and lived quiet far from her house that she had just moved in. They would visit her at times but not so often because of their studies.

Since she moved in to this house, she had been hearing noises that seemed to be coming from the basement that she never bothered checking out until now. Sometimes it would be a girl crying, sometimes a piercing scream of a girl, sometimes scratching noises that sounds like finger nails scratching into a blackboard, sometimes it would be someone murmuring incoherent words, sometimes the washing machine here that she never bothered using would turn on randomly — or rather at nights and Sometimes it's all at once which was driving her insane. Her room may be upstairs but since she lives alone and the place is basically silent, she could hear every little sound and it's honestly scaring her. This may or may not be delusions or hallucinations, it still scares her no matter what. It gives her the goosebumps and those sounds always starts at night, mostly at midnight which disturbs her sleep.

Camila took a deep breath and took the last step of staircase as she glanced behind her shoulder to check if the metal door was still open which it happily was because she really didn't know what to do if that closes. She'll either starve to death or survive because she was a hundred percent sure that if she ever try to knock that door down, it will never work. After all, It's metal and she wondered why it couldn't just be wood.

It doesn't have a knob on the inside of the basement nor does it have any lock. The lock and knob was both outside of it which made Camila wonder again. Did the previous owners of this house lock people in here or something? It sure seemed like it and the thought made Camila shiver before turning back around, lighting up the place around her as she scanned it. Hopefully it wasn't because it smelled bad in here.

Camila almost screamed when she heard a small squeak to her right. Turning her flashlight to the source of the sound, she sighed in relief and rolled her eyes to herself when she saw that it was just a small mouse. Camila then turned her flashlight in front of her and started taking small steps forward cautiously because who knows what she would be stepping on? There might be traps or even worse than that.

The place looked like a normal basement...the ones where you see in horror movies! Camila hates horror movies but of course, her friends had forced her to watch not one but a lot of movies that they thought wasn't too scary, but for Camila it was. Of course it was! there were too many jump scares. She doesn't like jump scares and the fact that the basement looks like the basement in one horror movie she watched scared the hell out of her, the small hairs on the back of her neck standing up and her heart starting to pick up pace.

Suddenly, she heard a really loud bang of metal coming in contact with solid from behind her making her eyes almost pop out of her socket followed by the disappearance of light from behind. She quickly turned around, running up the stairs again as she tried to search for the knob — completely forgetting that there wasn't one in the first place. She started rapidly banging on the door, screaming for help as if her screams would be heard from her neighbors whose houses that were built quiet far away from her like they were scared to go closer. She continued to bang until her hands began to go numb from pain, tears starting to form in her eyes but she immediately wiped them and turned around to face the darkness.