Sewer

it's horror btw, well attempted horror. again.
So I don't even know if I should put a Trigger warning here like ??
and oh god, my school starts on Monday. I literally wasted my whole summer on tumblr, Wattpad and Binge watching the 100. Sometimes I go out, but not really lmao
Hope you all enjoy this!

//

There was a storm tonight.

The gusts of winds were lashing down on the empty streets causing the trees to sway wildly and leaves to fall out. The skies were a dark color of grey and the sun was nowhere to be seen. The lights were out and the Jauregui residence was dead silent, other than the sounds of the storm outside.

Lauren was wrapped up in a layer of thick blankets to keep her warm, The missing girl in the news never left her mind, the girl who was now found dead in the sewer just a few days ago. It was tragic, some say the girl was pushed inside by her peers over a year ago, due to some bullying happening in their school and some say the girl jumped in. They couldn't even recognize her face anymore, it was distorted. The real reason behind this was still unknown. Lauren didn't know who she was, all she knew was that she used to be a freshmen in their school. A year younger than her apparently.

Rumors roamed around the school like wild fire, students saying that they've seen her a few months ago, close to the sewers. Some say they've seen her roaming around the school in her uniform just recently, the one she wore that day. Made up stories about her were made to scare younger kids, claiming that she was haunting the school as her revenge.

Lauren wanted to laugh at them. Ghosts didn't exist.

The green eyed girl snapped her head up when she heard her door creak open, her heart suddenly picking up its pace and let's out the breath she didn't know she was holding when she saw who it was. Although she didn't know why she felt anxious, maybe it was the fact that she wasn't exactly a fan of this house they moved in a few months ago. It looked fine, if you ask her, but noises could be hear in the middle of the night.  Probably the rats, lizards, spiders and cockroaches moving, things she wasn't fond of at all.

"Hey Laur, do you have a flashlight I could borrow? I couldn't see properly with this tiny candle," Taylor, her younger sister, says as she held up the candle perched up on a glass with a small frown. The girl was quite tall for her age, her brown hair cascading down her shoulders and stopping below on her stomach, she had the same brown eyes as their father's while Lauren had mesmerizing green ones.

Her older sister furrowed her eyebrows and sat up, shaking her head and glanced behind Taylor to see Dinah slipping in her room, closed the door and plopped down on her bean bag, frantically typing in her phone.

"No. I don't think so, go check in the basement."

Taylor groaned. "That basement gives me the creeps, hell, this house gives me the creeps! I'm not going, I think I heard something move in there. Why did we even move in this house?"

Dinah turned off her phone and glanced between the two sisters in curiosity as Lauren rolled her eyes at Taylor. "Don't tell me you believe in those ghost stories around school too."

Taylor huffed. Dinah turned to Taylor and smirked, deciding to scare her for her own amusement. "Did you know this house used to be where sewer girl lived?"

Taylor glanced at her and gulp, her eyes wide. They all knew who she was referring to.

Lauren snickered and shook her head, plopping a popcorn in her mouth that was perched up beside her as Dinah slightly leaned in, her elbow resting on her knee with a serious look on her face as if she was telling a horror story in a campfire.