Real or Hallucinations?

A/N: so many time leaps 😅😂😂

"...8...9...10!" 4 years old Camila finished counting, taking a deep breath as if she had been running a marathon and was running out of breath. She then uncovered her eyes, moving away from the tree as she then looked around the quiet area. The little girl glanced over to her two story house before looking over to the dark woods. She then shrugged before running towards the house, checking every place that her playmate might have been hiding but the girl wasn't anywhere to be found. Her playmate was a good hider, she was  a good seeker too and Camila thought it wasn't fair. She looked up the sky and saw that the sun was starting to set and her playmate was still hiding.

Once she knew that her playmate wasn't anywhere near their house, she turned around so her body was fully facing the woods.

Camila rolled her eyes running towards the woods with her small bare feet, looking from left to right as she she continued to run and tried her best to look at every place of the woods that her little eyes could see. It was getting dark and Camila was still on the woods so she decided to do one thing because obviously, she didn't want to get lost in the dark because monsters might chase her and eat her. She was too young to be eaten by monsters.

"Lo!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice high pitched as she cupped her mouth. "Lolo! Where are you? You win!"

"Come on Lo! Come out, I'm tired." Camila whined and she then heard a snap of a twig, making her grin and turned around as she then heard an adorable giggle. "There you are." Camila whispered to herself as she quietly walked over to the tree, peeking over to it but the girl wasn't there.

"Boo!" Camila screamed in fright, wildly waving her hands on the air, her feet tripping on the branch behind her making her fall flat on her butt as Lauren just laughed, clutching her stomach. "You should have seen your face!"

Camila pouted and crossed her arms, glaring at the girl. "That's not funny."

"Come on." Lauren says once she calmed down, stretching out both her small hands towards Camila to which the girl gratefully took, pulling herself up as Lauren pulled her up to help. "You're getting heavy, Camz."

Camila shrugged and smiled at Lauren as they both walked back to Camila's house hand in hand. "You're getting taller."

Lauren hummed, nodding as they continued to walk in silence. "But even if we grow older, you are still going to be my best friend okay?"

"Of course!" Camila immediately replied and she released Lauren's hand, pulling out her pinky finger to which Lauren smiled widely at, hooking her on small pinky finger with Camila's.

"I love you." Lauren grins as she wrapped her arms around Camila's neck, giving her a tight hug.

"I love you too Lo," Camila chocked out making Lauren laugh and loosen her hold but didn't let go of the girl.

"To the moon and back?"

"To the moon and back."

.

.

.

It was a week after Camila's 7th birthday and the little girl was sitting on her living room mat, her legs stretched out in front of her as she played with her small doll on her lap that she had gotten from her birthday. She raised her eyes once she noticed her dad crouching down to her level, smiling at her.