Shoelaces (2)

"Hi Lauren!" Camila greeted happily, surprisingly excited for her second day of school after meeting 4 other girls who made her feel like she actually belonged in their grade despite being with them for only a day. She had gotten so close to them in a short amount of time, Lauren mostly.

However, she had to slightly crane her neck up when she had to talk to them - especially Dinah.. but ally not so much - since she was quite short compared to all of them.

Lauren turned around and grinned. "Hi Camila!"

The little girl was now wearing an oversized hoodie that reached below her knees which had covered up her shorts beneath it, her worn up converse shoes with long banana themed socks and her dark brown hair had been braided to the side. Lauren thought she looks so adorable and just wanted to hug her so tight and pinch her cheeks.

"Look! I tied my own shoes." Camila proudly says, lifting up her uninjured leg to show her. Lauren giggled and bobbed her head up and down

"That's great Camz!"

"I like your dress." Camila complimented, making the older girl beam and glance down at her outfit.

"Thank you. Do you own a dress too?" Lauren asked, looking up at the girl who hummed with pursed lips.

"I do not like dresses. But I think you look really pretty in dresses." The girl says truthfully, making Lauren's cheeks flush with an ear splitting smile on her face. But only for it to drop at the next words that came out of the girl's lips. "I think I don't look pretty enough on dresses and I like these clothes better, they are very comfy."

"Camz, you're very pretty. Don't say that."

Camila only shrugged in response and took her hand in her's, pulling her with her inside the classroom and sitting down on her seat while Lauren took Dinah's temporarily.

"Plus, you're like an adorable little baby. I just want to pinch your cheeks and—" 

"I am not a baby!" Camila exclaimed in shock, crossing her arms against her chest with her bottom lip slight jutted out as she glared at her, trying to look as intimidating as possible. She didn't like being called a baby.

Of course, This only made Lauren giggle uncontrollably and reach out her hands for her but Camila scooted away from her touch and huffed.

"Hey." Lauren whined and pouted, stretching out her hands in front of her for a hug.

"No. I am not a baby."

"You're my honey bunch, sugar plum, pumpie umpy umpkin. You're my sweetie pie." Lauren started singing loudly, earning an amused look from her teacher, the parents and a few funny looks from their classmates while Camila sat there with her cheeks and ears flushing hot red. "You're my cuppy cake, gumdrop, snookum snookums You're... The apple of my eye. And I l—"

Camila jumped forward and quickly covered the girl's mouth to cut her off with one hand while the other was behind the girl's head.

Lauren just giggled and pulled her hand away, got a fist full of Camila's hoodie and pulled her down forcefully on her lap before wrapping her arms around her torso as if the little girl was one of her teddy bears that she owned. Camila's eyes were wide in surprise at the sudden movement while Lauren only snuggled into her affectionately, earning a few coos from the adults who were still at the door watching them interact.