|2|

My dad worked as the owner of an insanely popular record label, Winter Stars. Corny name, since our last name is Winter, but nobody said anything to him about it. Except me, but I'm his daughter so he wasn't mad.

And it's great how I have two seasons in my name instead of just one. I swear, if my name had been Autumn Summer Winter or Autumn May Winter, I might've died of embarrassment. During school, if it was fall, the kids call me by my regular name, but if it was winter, they'd just calls last name. It got annoying quick, and sometimes I picked a few fights. I won them all, but my dad wasn't very happy with it.

"Autumn!" Dad exclaimed once I walked into his office.

"Dad!" I said in the same tone as my dad.

He was a graying man in his late forties, tall with broad shoulders. Unfortunantly, I didn't get his jet black hair. I got my mom's red hair, which made my first name even worse.

Dad hugged me tightly, raising me from the floor a few inches, then put me down again. "How's my little girl?"

"I'm fine, Dad," I responded, tucking some of my hair behind my ear.

"See you still haven't dyed your hair."

"I'm just too lazy to get an appointment and actually go."

Dad chuckled and patted my hair. "I've seen you haven't changed one bit since I last saw you."

The last time he's saw me was last week, when I was there to intimidate a new band who performed for him. But I didn't mention this, and only smiled and nodded.

"So, ready for this new girl? I haven't heard her, but she doesn't seem very promising. She's beautiful, I can tell you that."

"Planning on marrying her?" I joked, setting my bookbag down and pulling out my notebook and pencil.

"Nah, I can't. Too young for me, but not maybe for you." Dad winked at me, and I let out a groan. He's lucky nobody saw or heard us, or else he'll be in big trouble.

"Oh come on! I haven't seen you been happy ever since you've dated Macy!"

"Don't speak about her," I mumbled.

Macy was my recent ex. I've never been so in love with a girl before, and I even planned on marrying her. She was my world, my everything. I thought nothing could separate us. That is, until I caught her trying to seduce Sarah--who is completely straight. And I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The woman I fell head-over-heels for was flirting with my own roommate. And Sarah slapped her before they even saw me there. The next day resulted in a hundred phone calls and texts from Macy, apologizing.

Dad kissed my forehead. "She was no good, Autumn. No good."

"So, are we going to meet this artist-wannabe or not?" I asked, changing the subject. This was no time to act all sad and full of grief.

Dad and I always did this thing where whenever a new artist decided to come to the studios and perform, I had to be there to critique it and have the final decision on whether they made it or not. It's a tradition of ours ever since I could properly talk and play numerous instruments. And lets just say many people hate me.

I wasn't a singer, I'm a music producer, but I'm not signed to a label. Dad was quick to sign me when I made my first song at the age of twelve, but I declined it so he didn't look like he played favorites. I've learned to play instruments from the drums, to things like the flute. My current instrument I'm learning to play is the violin, hence the lessons.

Dad smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "C'mon, then. And we have another boy band by the name of One Direction. What's up with British people nowadays?"