|20|

A/N: Okay, the cause of more frequent updates is because, you know, we're going into a new year, and I'm also staying at my friend's house. So, enjoy! And have a Happy New Year! ^_^🎉

"She's in the bathroom," I told Sarah quietly as she stepped inside Jessie's house, carrying a huge box with holes.

"Has she opened her other presents?" Sarah asked as we quietly crept into the den with the huge box.

"No, I had just finished mine."

Sarah sat the box down, then stretched her back. "Boy, that's a lot of work!"

"You're so weak. And Jessie's gotten you a present also, which I wonder how since she bought me maybe a thousand-dollars' worth of presents."

"Wow. I wonder how she'll top it off next year."

We heard footsteps on the stairs, and I moved the ripped wrapping paper off the chair so Sarah could sit down. Jessie appeared in the room and smiled at Sarah.

"Sarah! Merry Christmas! I've got you a present!" Jessie hugged my roommate, then went to the tree and grabbed a small, rectangular box, and handed it to Sarah.

Turns out, it was a necklace with a heart-shaped pendant. Sarah almost tackled Jessie when she hugged her. It was a cute sight, honestly. That my roommate, who had said she wouldn't hesitate to punch Jessie in the face a few months back, and my girlfriend absolutely love each other.

"Now, it's your turn," I said to my girlfriend, going over to the tree. She was right on my heels, but screamed when the box Sarah had just brought in moved.

Jessie hid into my body as I grinned over at her. "Autumn, I think there's something in there!"

"Oh, what could it be?"

"I don't know! Open it! It just got here!"

"How about you open it?" I said, stepping away so Jessie could be exposed to the mystery box.

It shook again and Jessie jumped. She gave me a frightened look before pushing my other presents away to get to the box. Why Sarah put it so far away, I'll never know. My heart sped up as Jessie undid the bow and ribbon and opened the box to reveal--

"AHHHHH! IT'S A PUPPY!" Jessie screamed as a little black head poked out of the box.

She lifted him up and giggled as he licked her all over her face and he wiggled his small body. I wanted to capture this moment, and looked over at Sarah, who was already recording it from her phone. She's been doing that a lot lately, and I never knew why.

"Autumn, did you do this?" Jessie asked, scratching his ear.

"Sarah helped," I added.

"I only brought the box in. Aut bought the puppy."

Jessie sat him down and ran and jumped on my body, her legs wrapping around my waist. I supported her by holding her butt as she kissed me all over my face. A giggle escaped my lips as she planted a huge kiss on them.

"You are honestly the best girlfriend anybody could ever have. Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I love you so much, Autie!"

"Well, I remembered your other dog, so I had to make up for it."

Jessie grinned, then looked over at Sarah, who was still filming. "Isn't she the best?" She asked before giving me one last kiss and climbing off me.

"So, what's his name?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Jessie was on the floor with her new puppy, giving him a belly rub. "I don't know...What should I name him?"

"Sparky!" Sarah shouted.