Epilogue~Jessie's POV

My heart broke into a million pieces as I stared into Autumn's lifeless eyes. That was it. She was gone. Forever.

My head whipped around behind me to see that her killer has disappeared in the sea of screaming people. Whoever did this was going to get payback. I'm going to avenge my fiancée.

I closed her eyes and gave her one last kiss on her pale, cold lips.

"Jessie! Jessie, are you o..." Cassidy stopped, seeing Autumn's body.

The tears I had moments ago that were for happiness and love for Autumn turned into ones for sadness and anger. Never will I be able to see Autumn wake up in the morning, beside me. Or to see her stress about her red hair that I love and freckles that were adorable. Or hear her make music for me. Or to actually take her hand and say 'I do' when we get married.

I caressed her face until the police arrived, and I moved back and cried on Cassidy's shoulder. And I watched as they zipped her up in a body bag...

~

It was Autumn's funeral, the first time I saw her dad in person again. I tried to keep myself together and not cry like an idiot over my dead almost-wife. She looked so calm and peaceful, almost as if she was sleeping. But I knew better than to climb into that coffin with her and wake her up with kisses.

Her wedding ring, that the police had given me, was in my hand. I didn't want it. It was Autumn's, not mine. I gave it to her to prove how much I love her. Sometimes, I wished I had asked her sooner, so I could say she was my wife. That's what I've always wanted. Now my parents would never get the chance to meet her personally.

"Jessica..."

I turned to see Autumn's dad there, looking horrible. There were bags under his eyes from sleepless nights, and I would've had the same if Sarah hadn't slept with me to bade me back to sleep from the nightmares.

Yes, nightmares. Seeing Autumn die over and over and over again in that tragic way. I knew she wasn't going to live forever, but I wanted her to die of old age. Not because some idiot decided to come and kill her. Or kill the both of us.

"It should've been me," I mumbled.

"Don't say that," he said.

"The guy was aiming at me. If Autumn had never pushed me out of the way, I would've been shot and dead."

"Don't be ridiculous. That was the moment that told you that Autumn would've died for you. And she has. Because she loves you, Jessica. And I was stupid to have not realized it until now."

He shook his head and looked as if he was about to cry.

"I shouldn't have doubted you two," he told me. "I'm sorry. If you two were to get married, I would give you my blessing."

Then he walked away, leaving me alone with Autumn. This was the last time I would see her in person. This was final, it was real. It's the time to say good-bye to her.

"Good-bye, Autie. Nobody will be better than you, baby. I'll miss you."

Then I reached in and slid the ring on her finger. It was perfect for her.

I went and sat beside a crying Sarah just as the service started.

~

"You're such a brave person," Sarah told me as we walked out of the church.

"I'm really not," I responded.

"Yes, you are," she insisted. "You've taken Autumn's death so well. Especially since...you've only been engaged a day."

"Yeah, it would've been more if I had the guts to propose to her sooner. I'm stupid."

"At least you're not being suicidal."

I chuckled, but had little humor in it. "Autie wouldn't have wanted that. But, at least she's in Heaven now, with her mom. At least she's happy."

"And she was happy down here with you. But we both know she loved you too much to let you die."

I nodded as we just stood there silently.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Sarah asked me.

"...I'm going to continue my career. But not for me, for her. I promised her."

Sarah hugged me and we parted ways. Even though Autumn would hate me if I never dated anybody again, but I just know nobody could be better than her.

A/N: Sequel?

P.S. I love you guys, that's why I'm asking. X)