|22|

"When are you going to tell me?" Jessie asked me for the billionth time over the phone.

Her tour has started already, leaving me here with Sarah. But still, I felt all alone. No girlfriend to cuddle into and hug and kiss. Or to confide in my deepest, darkest secret. She already knows that there's something majorly wrong with me because of the sudden mood change.

"I can't," I simply said.

"Babe, even though I'm miles from you, hundreds of miles, I'll listen to whatever you have to say. I'm here for you. Just talk to me, please?" Jessie pleaded.

"No, because you wouldn't understand. Nobody will."

"Try me."

I threw my hair up in a ponytail, supporting the phone with my shoulder. "Actually, I can't now," I told her grimly.

"And why not?"

"I'm visiting my mother's grave," I told her before hanging up.

No doubt, as I was walking to the graveyard, Jessie kept calling me. Most likely demanding answers. But I kept my head down, my hood covering my face, and continued walking. After a while, she stopped calling. Probably to do work or whatever. But I wasn't really concerned at the moment.

My mother's headstone was huge, one of the hugest. My stupid dad had gotten his wish, and he paid for the whole funeral, including the headstone. That much, he could do.

I sat beside the stone, and silently cried. My mother was gone, and knowing that there was some way to prevent death this soon made me angry. 'Cause my stupid dad was being too stupid with his stupid dream to pay attention to my mom with a stupid brain tumor. He never even asked her if she was okay. Because he was too busy trying to recruit people or whatever for his stupid business. And the more I thought about it, the angrier I got. That somehow my dad tried to cover this with his dumb money and fame or whatever. And I hadn't have realized until now.

I told my mom everything she's missed since the last time I visited, which really was two years ago. From how my music was doing, to Jessie, to what I recently just discovered. I'm sure my mom would've liked Jessie. She's so caring towards me, and absolutely loving. And I'm sure Jessie would've liked my mom, who fought so hard to spend time with her only daughter.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

I whipped my head around to see Jessie there, her fingers fumbling with each other. Her eyes were filled with sadness for me. I think.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, avoiding her question.

"I was close by. And I wanted to surprise you. I ask you again, why haven't you told me about her?"

"About who?" I decided to play dumb.

"Your mother! How come you've never mentioned she...she's deceased?!"

"Because...It's not important," I mumbled, turning back to the stone. "And you never asked."

"Autumn, what happened?"

Jessie crouched beside me, and I felt her eyes bore into the side of my face. Tears welled in my eyes, but I successfully blinked them away. It wasn't until I felt her arms around me that I broke down crying, and trying to tell her the story.

I was surprised that Jessie understood what I was saying. She held me, saying that it was going to be alright, and that she was sure my mother was a good person. Oh yeah. If only she was still alive, I bet she would've loved Jessie to pieces.

|||||

"You have to go back on tour," I stated as Jessie was driving me back home.

"I know," she simply said.

"I'll slow you down. I can walk back."

"Nonsense! Besides, I wanted to ask you a question, Autie."

My heart fluttered at her nickname, and I could feel those stupid butterflies again. It feels good to hear that nickname in person.

"Erm, how would you feel about going on tour--"

"Yes," I interrupted.

Jessie glanced at me in surprise. "What?"

"Yes, I want to go on tour with you. I can't be without you right now," I admitted.

A huge grin spread across my girlfriend's face. "I could kiss you right now!"

I leaned over and kissed her cheek for her. "There, I did it for you!"

"This is going to be so much fun! On my first tour with my first love..." Jessie went on about how the tour was so far.

We went back to my place, and I gathered my belongings I would need. After shooting Sarah a quick text saying where I was going, I said good-bye to Simba, then Jessie and I were on our way back to her tour bus.

"I want to thank you," I said to her, playing with the ring she got for me. "For basically coming to my rescue, and for letting me do this."

Jessie shot me a quick smile. "Anything for you, babe. And thank you, also."

"For what?" I asked, puzzled.

"For opening up. I love you."

"I love you, too."

The drive took a long time, and I snuck in a quick nap before arriving at a city at night. We were parked beside a tour bus, something I'm familiar with. A woman came out of the bus, and she smiled at Jessie before giving her a hug. Then she turned to me.

"Hi, you must be Autumn," the girl said. "Jessie couldn't stop talking about you. Day and night, I couldn't go one second without hearing her say 'Autumn'! It's nice to meet you, I'm Cassidy."

We shook hands like we were business partners or something. Jessie was just grinning at us like a moron. A cute moron. My moron.

"Let's go, Autie!" Jessie exclaimed, running onto the bus, and pulling me behind her.

I met the rest of the crew, more interested in the musical part of  the show, then we climbed onto the biggest tour bus. The one Jessie would stay at. And I made sure she had the biggest one. Only the best for her.

They had a show tomorrow night, and Jessie was exhausted from driving so much, so we showered and got ready for bed.

"Hungry?" Jessie mumbled from brushing her teeth.

"No, I just want to cuddle with you," I admitted, climbing into her bed.

She smiled at me before climbing in after me, and I snuggled into her front. My head rested on her chest, and I had my arms around her. Jessie stroked my vivid, red hair until I drifted off into unconsciousness.

A/N: I changed some names, obviously. Its an AU, okay?!

Also, sorry it it's absolute crap. I  didn't want it to be boring or anything.

It's hard to continue writing a Jessie fanfic after you've just finished reading one! Because I'm trying not to get the personalities mixed up and yeah. XD