Remember Me | 9

For the past few weeks, I couldn't be any happier. Delta would always come and spend time with  me on her lunch break. She'd also buy me cute presents like stuffed bears, candy, and mainly any other cute things. She's even managed to make me feel more happier that I was for the past four years.

"That was fun," I commented as we walked in the doorway. She had just taken me out on a picnic, and we laid there and watched the clouds roll by.

"I'm glad you liked it, beautiful." She kissed my cheek as we entered the kitchen, and I screamed when I realize somebody was already there.

Two somebodies, actually. Detective Dave and Sarah. Sitting, with Sarah talking his ear off. He looked relieved when he saw us, and immediately got up.

"Dave? What are you doing here? You just about gave me a heart attack!"

"You see, Miss--"

"Please, just Jessie is fine. We're both adults."

"Oh. Alright then. Jessie, I've been asking friends and family of yours and Autumn's for any clues, and suspicions. So far, I haven't found any."

I sighed in frustration and ran my hand through my hair. In a comforting gesture, my girlfriend had an arm around my waist.

"Who have you asked?" I asked.

"Your parents, her father, her...friend," he said, casting a look at Sarah,"your manager, your crew. Nothing."

"Did you find any fingerprints on the bullet?"

He shook his head.

This wasn't fair. Nobody had any leads in who would've killed my Autumn. How was I supposed to being justice for her? Without anything useful, I was hopeless.

"But, we did find a strand of hair on the bullet."

"On the bullet? How was that even possible?" I questioned.

"Wrapped tightly around the bullet. Either the culprit wanted to be found, or they're framing someone else."

"Did you do any DNA tests?" I blurted out. I was so anxious to know. Maybe this could help us!

"We're conducting some now. It shouldn't take too long for us to find whoever has done this."

"Thank you, detective!"

"Hey, it's my job." He winked at me, and I felt Delta tighten her grip on my waist. Jealous much?

After the detective left, along with Sarah, Delta and I were left alone. Well, with Jackson and Simba also. But I was referring to people. I wanted to take a nap, but Delta had other ideas.

While I was trying to sleep, she kept kissing my neck and nibbling on my ear. It felt nice, but I really wanted to sleep. And I wasn't ready, though we've had sex before. But it would be different since we're in a relationship now.

"Baby stop," I moaned in slight frustration as I pushed her hand away from my upper body.

"Fine," she sighed, just wrapping her arm around my waist. But when she started untying the drawstring, that's when I threatened to kick her out the room.

~

"Jess, I have to show you something," Sarah said when I opened my room door.

Delta was still asleep, looking like an angel. Unlike half an hour or so. And Sarah had knocked on the door like she was crazy, making me run so Delta wouldn't wake up.

"What is it?" I groggily asked.

Sarah held up a CD. I gave her a dumb look. "What am I supposed to do with that?"

She handed it to me and I looked it over. Written on the white side, with scribble I've come to recognize, was Autumn's name and "Jessie's present". Suddenly, I felt more awake as I walked pass Sarah into the living room.

The DVD player was set, so I just put the CD in and waited for it to play. I was so anxious as to know what she had planned out for me, and why Sarah came back to show me it.

It played and I saw the familiar room of Autumn's studio. The redhead sat down in front of the camera and smiled.

"Hey, Jessie! I, uh, made this song for you. And I kinda also wrote it for you. Because you're special and you mean so much to me, and you make me feel the weirdest things when I'm around you. I guess that's kind of a good thing? But let me get on to the song. It's called 'Flashlight', and it's for you, baby. I love you."

"I love you too," I found myself whispering.

Autumn looked down and started playing the keys to the piano. She smiled at the camera as she played the intro before singing softly.

"When tomorrow comes

I'll be on my own

Feeling frightened of

The things that I don't know

When tomorrow comes

Tomorrow comes

Tomorrow comes..."

Her voice was so soft, and with the lyrics filled with much meaning, it touched my heart. The fact that Autumn would do something like this deeply touched me, and I get tears run down my cheeks as I sat on the floor right in front of the tv.

The chorus was what got me the most:

"I got all I need when I got you and I

I look around me, and see sweet life

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're gettin' me, gettin' me through the night

Can't stop my heart when you shinin' in my eyes

I can't lie, it's a sweet life

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're gettin' me, gettin' me through the night

Cause you're my flash light

You're my flash light, you're my flash light"

When the song ended, Autumn had teared up as well. But she was smiling.

"I love you, baby," Autumn said.

"I love you, too," I whispered to her.

Then she went on explaining that the instrumental was on the CD also. I paused the tv, feeling a presence behind me. I turned to see Delta watching me, arms crossed, looking slightly sour.

"Baby--" I tried.

"You love her," Delta interrupted.

"Well, yeah! She was my girlfriend, and we were going to get married!"

Delta sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I can tolerate the pictures, but this is too much. You're still crying over her!"

"She just wrote me a beautiful song! I'm allowed to cry for that! I freaking miss her, so you have no reason to judge me like that!"

"How do you think I feel? I'm your current girlfriend now, and you're STILL crying over your dead one! I feel pretty worthless now!"

"WELL I'M SORRY YOU CAN'T BE LIKE AUTUMN!" I yelled.

Her face dropped, and I instantly regret saying that now. She was right, she was hurt, and it was apparent when she wiped her tears away.

"Delta--"

"IF YOU LOVE HER SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU GO BE WITH HER?"

She stormed out, leaving me turning back to my deceased girlfriend.

"Maybe I will..." I muttered to myself before hopping up.

A/N: Obviously, I don't own that song...