Chapter 38

Monday, January 19th, 2016

When I woke up I looked around and found that while I was asleep, Bandit decided to climb onto my bed and curl himself up next to me. I could have sworn I saw him go into Ross and Laura's room when I was using the bathroom last night. Eh whatever. I slowly got up and walked to the kitchen. I made eggs, bacon, and waffles for everyone and made Bandit his bowl of dogfood. I set it on the floor and he quickly dug in. I chuckled and sat and ate a waffle and some eggs and bacon. After I finished breakfast I put some on plates for Ross and Laura and set it in the microwave. I go to the bedroom and change into the clothes I was wearing yesterday and leave writing a note for Ross and Laura. The note mearly told them that I was going back to my house to get clothes for the day and a thank you for helping me. I quickly went home and grabbed a bag of clothes I thought I might need. It consisted of swim trunks, shorts, a few T-shirts, socks and running shoes along with hiking shoes. All clothes for some things i could do instead of bother them. I mean they are on their honeymoon.

Once reaching the honeymoon suite I knocked and waited. I heard footsteps and rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet. Ross opened the door looking in pain.

"What happened are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded and limped to the side

"No your not your limping" I accuse and he nods

"You try having a 10 lbs dog use your balls as a trampoline. AGAin." He says emphasizing the beginning of again. I chuckle and walk to my room.

"Thanks again Ross. For letting me stay with you guys."

"No problem kid." He says and I nod

"I'll mostly be out of the place, swimming or hiking, I'll be out of your way." I say and he nods his head

"You wanna just hang out here with us?"

"Na don't want to intrude on things, it's your guys's honeymoon. Do whatever people do on their honeymoon." I say and he shakes his head

"No honestly, I insist, And we won't be doing anything much, Laura is pregnant, so we will be hanging around here watching movies. we were originally gonna go to the beach but Laura says she is tired so we decided to just stay here." He says and I nod

"Congrats." I say and he smiles.

"So you wanna join us for movies and ice cream?" He asks again and I nod

"Sure why not" I say and he nods walking out. I change into my new clothes. I walk into the living room and my leg is attacked by little paws.

"Awww hey Bandit." I say picking him up and holding him in my arms.

"Hey James. How you holding up?" Laura asks in a motherly way going to give me a hug.

"Very motherly already. But I'm holding up fine, a little shaken but good." I say and she smiles pulling away.

"Good, but how did you know?" She asks and I nod in the direction of where Ross is.

"Ross told me." I add while motioning towards Ross. She nods and we walk to the living room to join Ross on the couch to watch movies. We watched Disney movies cause that is what Laura wanted to watch and Ross decided to let her choose the movies.

"Hercules!!!" Laura yelled after Frozen was done. So far we have watched Frozen (twice), Tangled, Snow White, and Laura let us pick a movie so we chose Hercules. It was the first one we watched and Laura wants to watch it again.

"We already watched it." Me and Ross said at the same time and she giggled.

"Fine then Finding Nemo." She says and Ross nods going to the movie and played it.

After Finding Nemo I looked over to Ross and Laura. Laura and Ross are laying on the couch facing the tv. Laura lies in front of Ross and Ross is holding her close to him like his life depended on it. I smiled at them and turned off the tv and covered them with the blanket that was draped over the back of the couch. I walked to my room and got dressed in pajamas considering it is almost 9 and we already had pizza for dinner, which I didn't enjoy much. I climbed into my bed and closed my eyes quickly drifting off to sleep.

I woke with a start and looked at the clock next to my bed. 1:27 am. I sighed and climbed out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I nearly jump 3 feet in the air when I walked in and found Ross sitting there.

"Hey." I said and he looked at me gently smiling.

"Hi." He says and I smile back

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Na I wake up to use the bathroom and came to get a drink." He says and I nod getting a glass of water and sitting next to him.

"How would you feel if I asked you to move to Transylvania with us?" He asks and I look at him with rounded eyes.

"I-I don't k-know. I mean. I grew up here. I was born here. But there is nothing left here for me. I would probably accept but you have done so much for me." I say and he smiles.

"James. The minute you walked through that door Bandit was instantly in love with you. He doesn't trust just random people and I trust his judgement. But you are family to us. We would be more than happy to take you in as our own or just help you. It's your choice. Your what? 15? 16? You can make your own decisions but we would be happy to let you stay with us." He says and I smile thankfully at him.

"I'd love to move back to Transylvania with you." I say and he smiles while standing up.

"Great. We will sign the papers and get you your things. We decided to leave early because Laura is getting home sick and wants to be home but I promise we will come back for your fathers funeral and we will send you out here to visit if you want." He says putting a hand on my shoulder and I nod.

"Well I'm off to bed. Don't stay up too long." He says and walks out. I watch as he walks to the couch and scoops Laura up into his arms then walks to his room with her. I turn off the lights leaving on the light above the stove and then I walk back to my room with a water bottle. I climb into bed and lay on my back looking up at the ceiling thinking about Ross's offer. He and Laura are gonna adopt me cause as of now I am an orphan. We are gonna be leaving soon and I'm gonna be far from my homeland. But everyone leaves eventually. I'm just leaving sooner than expected. I sighed and turned on my side and slowly fell asleep. Who knows maybe things will be ok in Transylvania.