Chapter 54

Top left: boys side of the twins room
Top right: girls side of the twins room
Bottom left: Luna (Ross's horse)
Bottom right: new stables Ross had built for Laura.

Two months later. 33 weeks and 4 days. (7 months and 21 days.)

August 1, 2916

Laura could pop any moment and I'm stuck with Ethan helping him with pack stuff. Apparently Ethan is making James his future alpha since gem can't have kids so they are practically adopting him. It would be better because then Kenzie and James won't be adoptive siblings.

Almost done.

Almost done.

Just nearly there.

Come on.

Yes.

"Well that's the last of it. Good bye." I said jumping out of my seat and running to the door.

"Wait." He yelled freezing me in my place.

"Yes Ethan." I groaned and he smirked.

"You forgot that pile." He says and I looked to where he is pointed and sure enough a small stack of papers sat on the damn coffee table.

"Where the hell did those fucking papers come from?!?!?!" I yelled and he laughed.

"A tree." He said and I glared at him.

"I'm kidding they're done. Dylan did them in his room for his sick day.

"Why didn't you make your third help you?" I whined and he laughed.

"He is in his old pack visiting his parents with his mate." He said and I nodded.

"Well I'm gonna go now. My mate is about to pop and I need to be there. I left her with 6 vampires, a werewolf, two hunters, an angel, and a shifter. I flipping out right now." I yelled and ran out of the house. I ran up to Luna and hopped into my saddle. I softly pushed my heel into her sides while clicking my tongue and pulling the reins to the left. She turned towards the house and I kicked her gently again clicking my tongue. She took off running through into the trees, her muscles pushed hard and I could feel her strong legs moving beneath the saddle. She bent and curved swiftly around each and every tree that covered our path and I smiled and laughed softly when she had to quickly jump over a log in the path. I realized she wasn't taking me home and frowned slightly.

"Luna. Home." I yelled over the rushing wind but she continued we got to a cliff and I panicked. I pulled back on the reins but what I didn't know is that she was gonna stop. We reached the cliff edge and she reared her front hooves kicking in the air while she let out what sounded like a battle cry. I looked down and noticed we weren't that far up front he bottom of the cliff. And there was a part to get up. At the bottom of the cliff a dozen wild horses grazed the grass. They all looked up at her 'war cry' and nickered at her. The biggest one is white and it started the race for the ramp. Luna had a mind of her own when she saw this. The wild horses moved fast and when the almost reached us Luna turned and bolted. I moved into the position Laura used while riding Kenzie when she was in her horse form. The horses caught up with us and Luna ran her fastest gaining her lead. I laughed and groaned when my feet kept slipping. I turned Luna to the side and the horses followed. I slowed and so did they. I stopped and got down from the saddle. I fixed my stirrups and climbed back into the saddle. I circled around the horses and they all grazed. The white leader one watched us carefully. The way it held itself and the power and threat its body emitted I could tell it was a male and leader. It's eyes also told me and the very obvious fact. He eyed Luna and took a step forward. I kicked Luna's side and she jolted forward and ran to the other side of the crowd. He nickered in annoyance and I chuckled.