Chapter 53

One months later. 24 weeks and 5 days. (5 months 21 days)

July 1, 2016

Today Laura is 5 months and 21 days. In about two months is her expected due date and the doctors have taken her off bed rest for the time being. But they want us to come in every week.

"Hun what do you want for dinner?" I yelled through the house.

"Mac 'n' cheese with fruit on the side." She said walking into the kitchen.

"Alright. Where are James and Kenzie?" I asked and she smiled and kissed me.

"Up stairs in their room playing. Get this. James is playing dolls with Kenzie." She said and I smiled.

"Yeah. He'll normally do something to make her mad and she'll turn into her wolf form and attack him. It's kinda cute to watch. She'll nip and teethe on his fingers and arms. Then she will collapse on his lap gnawing on his finger." I said and she awed.

"Yeah it's cute. Deal with it." James said walking into the kitchen with Kenzie gnawing on his finger upside down in his arms. Me and Laura laughed and Laura walked up to James. She threw her arm around his shoulders and he snuggled into her side much like a son would to his mother.

"How's your day so far?" She asked and he laughed.

"Great. Hey remember that one time we were outside like right when I got here and we were roasting marshmallows and we sang 99 bottles and we laid under the stars?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes James. What about it?" Is asked and he smiled.

"Let's do it again tonight." He said and I laughed.

"Alright. It's a plan." I said and he nodded. I continued to make dinner and Laura placed the plates on the table.

"Alright. Eat." I said and the two dived to their chairs. I chuckled and helped Laura sit in her chair. We all are talking about our day.

"Laura. Tomorrow we have to get stuff for the twins room." I said and she nodded.

"Yes we should do that before I get any fatter. Would you two like to go with us?" She asked looking at the two and James looked at Kenzie.

"No I think we'll go over to Mark and Stormies' house." James said and I nodded.

"Ok." I said and we continued eating.

As promised we did go out to the porch and started a fire in the pit.

"Marshmallow?" Laura asked offering Kenzie a stick with a marshmallow stuck to the end.

"Thank you." She said and climbed back into James lap. They sat there roasting marshmallows and talking to each other quietly.

"Laura." I whispered into her ear and she looked at me.

"What color are we making the room?" I asked her and she smiled

"How about yellow? Or brown? We could do blue and green." She said and i chuckled.

"How about we do a warm brown theme. Brown is a soft and comforting color." I said and she nodded

"Yeah, Lets do that idea." She said. I chuckled and looked at the two. Kenzie started singing camp fire songs and me and Laura soon joined. After singing we laid under the stars and watched them for a while.

"Alright you two. Bedtime." I said looking at the two from my chair. Me and Laura sat on chairs instead of laying on the floor.

"Ok Ross. I'll take her to bed." James said and picked up a nearly sleeping Kenzie.

"Night James." I said and he nodded walking inside

"Night guys." He said from the door.

Me and Laura stayed out for another hour.

"We still don't know what they are." Laura whispered and I chuckled. (Forgot if I said what gender the twins are)

"We are expecting a girl and a boy." I said hugging her side. I felt a kick against my hand and she giggled.

"How Long have they been kicking again?" I asked and she laughed.

"A month." She says and I smiled.

"My little angles." I whispered and felt a small kick.

"And warrior." I whispered kissing her belly. I felt a harder kick and smiled. I looked up at the stars and smiled. The stars twinkled as I searched for Orion's Belt. I pointed it out too Laura once I found it and smiled when she laughed at my childish ways.

"Alright. Let's call it a night." I said and stood up scooping Laura into my arms. She giggled and reached for the floor with her hands. I laughed and cradled her to my chest.

"Where are you going. Your staying right here." I laughed and she pouted.

"I want to walk though." He complained and I scoffed.

"Too bad. I'm carrying you." I said and she giggled as I walked up the stairs. I shushed her and she slapped her hand over her mouth with a smiled under her fingers.

"Your so weird." I said and kissed her forehead. I walked into our room and laid her on the bed.

"I'll be back. I'm gonna go lock up the house and turn off the lights." I whispered brushing my lips up against hers. I walked out of the room and ran down stairs to the kitchen and turned off the light. I ran around the first floor turning off lights and locking the front and back doors. Making sure the garage was closed and locked. I ran up the stairs and walked to James room. James laid on his bed with Kenzie slowly sneaking towards him.

"Pst." I whispered and she flinched. She slowly looked at me and I have her a pointed look and motioned her outside.

"What are you doing munchkin?" I asked crouching down to her height and closing James' door.

"I can't sleep." She whispered and I chuckled.

"Alright let's go." I said and picked her up. I walked into James room and noticed that he flipped over. He must be having trouble. I also noticed he doesn't have a shirt on. Great. Well nothing I can do about it. Whether I put her here now or she sneaks in later tonight she will find a way into James arms to sleep. I walked to the other side of the bed and gently lifted James arm and placed Kenzie there. She got comfortable and I placed James arm on top of her. I pulled the blankets back and put them over the two and Kenzie looked up at me. I kissed her forehead and kissed James hair. He may not be mine or Laura's biologically but he is mine legally and it doesn't mater to me. I still love him as my own.

I walked out and gently closed the door. I turned off all the lights in the extra rooms and their hangout then walked down the hall to mine and Laura's room. I turned off the light and went to the bed and got in. Laura snuggled up to me the best she could and I smiled and kissed the top of her head. She put her head on my bicep and the farthest arm from me on her stomach. I placed my hand on her stomach too and rubbed it gently and soothingly. I kissed her and she kissed me back before we both pulled away and fell asleep.

I was feeling happy so I updated twice today. Enjoy. I'll update another in the morning.

~ Camry ~