Chapter 8 : The Big Raid *Part 1*

[Retalia's Dungeon Floor Entrance]

[Slay : Level 60]

[Cydella : Level 59]

[Nae : Level 50]

[Sylvia : Level 50]

After another week of grinding level, I finally managed to reach level 60 while the other managed to do the same. Well almost. But they reached the appropriate level to take down the monster at those floor. We also managed to get new equipment for the upcoming battle. Sylvia bought a new moridiggan staff which gives her a stat boost of +50. Nae bought a new sword known as Flame sword. It cost him a fortune but it was worth it as it gave the user a defense and attack boost. Great for warrior who is always on the front line. Cydella bought a Twin dagger that have a special effect exclusive only to a cat person like her. All in all, they managed to get some decent equipment before the raid, which is really good as in any RPG games, you have to be well prepared or else you'll be stuck with a low grade weapon for the rest of the game. As for me, I didn't have to waste a single Xil for my weapon. Xil is the currency in this world. "Hey Slay, when we get inside, do you think we can defeat those monsters?" Cydella ask me with a questioning face. "Of course! No doubt about it!" I said without hesitation. Cydella smiled at me "that's reassuring." I looked at her and for the first time I heard her voice as if she's not sure as to what I said. Is it my imagination? or.. I shook off that feeling and forced a smile on my face "Don't worry Cy! I'll protect you. No matter what happen, I'll protect you." Cydella looked shocked but then she look at me and I swear, she look extremely cute that it made me blush. I look away with my blushed face and then as if by instinct, I look back and the two people who were silent all the were grinning at us. "You know? It never felt like we're in a game world with the two of you acting like that" Said Sylvia with a grin. "Yeah. I could've swear that both of you were sparkling right there." Said Nae. I give a scowl look at them and scolded them a little. Cydella was smiling though.

It's never a boring day when I'm with Nae, Sylvia, and Cydella as all we could do when we finish our work is laugh and sometimes make fun of each other. All of it was done to forget the fact that we're inside a video game. Trapped like an animal in a cage. A virtual cage. I look at the people around me. All of them have an enthusiastic face, some were still showing a sleepy face. Well, I can't blame them though. I'm pretty sleepy too but I try to hold it in and stay awake. The operation will be commenced at 6 A.M. All of us pretty much get here before 6 AM. Suddenly, the sound of trumpets can be heard at the entrance. The man who was leading this operation nodded at the people next to him and turns to us. "Ten seconds before the gate opens and us charging in. Be ready mens! This operation depends on all of you. Be ready in 10 ! 9 ! 8! 7!" The countdown continues. I looked at Nae and Slyvia. Both of them gives a thumbs up. I shift my attention to Cydella and was surprise to see her looking at me. "Don't die okay?" She said with a worried face. "6! 5! 4!" the countdown continued. I looked at Cydella and said touched her cheek. "Yeah. I won't. I promise." Cydella smile and kissed my cheek which left me stunned for a while. She looked satisfy. Nae and Sylvia both smile and secretly said 'good luck' for both of them. "3! 2! 1! 0! Go!" The gate door opens and the all of us charged in. I took hold of Cydella's hand so that she wont be lost in these sea of people. The same goes for Nae and Sylvia. We charged in with the rest of them.

The door closes. Sealing our fates.

Chapter 8 : The Big Raid *Part 1*