Chapter 22 : Why It Happen

The story so far...

*Slay's party were invited to a raid on floor 60 to 80 by Slay's first friend in CWO. Currently, the guild master of Red Alpha, Leo invited them and gladly they all accepted. They were told of the current situation and after a brief explanation by Leo about the boss on their respective floor, Slay decided to do some training to fight the Arachniapods while he trusted Leo to train the rest of his party to fight the Garuda. But after returning to the base, Slay seems a bit different. He also changes the plan from fighting the Garuda to fighting the Arachniapods. While fighting the Garuda, he gave off a strong emotionless aura that made them think what happened to him. After fighting the garuda, they finally reached the Arachniapods. There fight immediately ensued after one of the Red Alpha member got attacked and Cydella is almost killed if it wasn't for someone saving her. However, this causes more confusion as the person that saves her is none other than Slay! What will happen? Stay tuned to the conclusion of Slay's Persona Arc*

[Inner Dungeon Floor 80]

[Boss : Arachniapods]

Cydella's POV

This can't be right. It's a lie. This has to be a lie. "Why is there are two Slays!?" The Slay that had save me looked at me. "You're safe now. Go to asylvia's place and bring up the defense the shield." I nodded. I don't know why but, I feel an urge to follow. I looked at them. Hope nothing bad turns out. I ran towards Sylvia. It's better this way.

Slay's POV

Damn. I was to late. This bastard is trying to kill my party members. "Why don't we just stop this game. This isn't worth it. You'll only end up killing my party mem- my friends." . The other me smile. "heh, if it's easy. You know Slay, I never like the way you act. I don't know if you are worthy. Freya said you are but all I see is a kid who is trying to live on a pointless kid's dream. Relinquish your position as the master of me, Druor, the Black Hell Sword from your pointless dream." Druor spoke. I looked at him. "Sorry about that but I don't think I would do that." I pull out my white sword. "I will show you again, why I am your master" I said with confidence. Druor pulls out his and both of us charged at the same time.

****

We hit each other. Metal against metal clanked together making a noise that echos throught out the floor dungeon. While we were fighting, the arachniapods monster sneak at us and tried to attack us but both of us hit it with our left arms. "looks like that's the only thing that both of us have in common" I smiled. "Common? Don't be stupid. That was just an intuition. I have nothing in common with you. Nothing at all." I can see that Druor is annoyed with my answer. "Then let us not waste anytime. If you really are worthy of being my master, FIGHT ME!". I looked at him. "If you wish."

****

We both clashed. Swords clashing against each other. With each blow getting more and more stronger. The people around us was watching in awe as I clashed with Druor. I swing my sword and aim it at his neck but Druor dodged it and step back a little bit. "What's the matter? Can't take a swing?" He smiled? Is something wrong? "No. Nothing at all. Greater swing. Alpha shield. " What the heck? He's applying boost to himself? damn. I'm at a disadvantage because of human race not having any boost skill at all. Damn it. "What's the matter? Can't boost? Ohh I forgot. You're just a human. Let's stop this childish game and end this!" He charged at me in full front and I was ready to swing it until he disappeared and appeared behind me. "Greater push!" With one single push, he thrust the blade into me.

I screamed in pain as it entered. I need to do something. Then I remembered. "White blade skill one. White Impact!" I Slammed the ground and that makes it enough to shake Druor off my back. "Heal. Potion Times Two" Two potion was immediately used. At this time, I really appreciate learning that skill. Although it seems useless as I could just drink potion. The wounds immediately healed. I looked at Druor. 'I can't do that dangerous skill unless I have both blade. Which mean I can't use that black blade as I didn't have it.'(for all the confusion, I'll explained it later in the next chapter :p). 'Wait. That blade is part of me. If I steal it and use it, it won't be a problem as it was originally wielded by me.'. I stand up. "Let's end this. I had enough of you. Greater Shield. Weapon overdrive. Hard metal." After he finished his boost, he charged at me. I just stand there. "BOOM!" The sound of his attack reached me.

****

Cydella's POV

Dust surrounded them. The other Slay smile. "Do you understand now why mere human like you couldn't beat me-" He was shocked. After the dust cleared, I can clearly see Slay standing a few feet back. Unharmed and unscathed. The other Slay was shocked. "HOW!? How could you still be alive after that attack hit you. I swear I hit you with my most powerful attack." Slay explained it to him. "Even though you're partner, you never bother to see the power of your partner. This is Freya's ability. Body Double. I create a copy of myself. It's 100% exactly like me." The other Slay was in shock. "Let's end this." Slay charged at the other Slay and manage to knock him back. He took the black sword. "Too bad Druor. Now I'll make you see why I'm your master. Special Skill. Infinity Slash!" Seconds later, Slay Slashes him with great speed that makes even the fastest swordsman looks like a joke, but as he slashes the other Slay, I can't help overlook the fact that it was eating his HP away faster than the skill. I hope he wins before his HP's went to zero. Minutes later, he stopped slashing and the other slay, falls down. I smile.

****

Druor's POV.

As I fall down from that skill, I remembered the past. How stupid am I. This kid is already worthy of wielding us. No more testing. I got the answer long before this started. He was the first human to ever wielded us. To us this is sort of a joke as the people that once wielded us before was non human. When he came and defeat the monster that has been protecting the blades, we were shocked and in awe as to how he could do it. Freya came to like the boy and changes her opinion about him immediately. I still had my doubt. Until I challenge him and lose. The answer should be obvious. "You are indeed the master we sought. I, Druor, pledge my loyalty to you." I lay there. Slay stands up and offered a hand. "Stand up. You're a great fighter Druor." I looked at him I expected him to be more angry about this but instead he smiled at me. 'Freya, is this what you mean by unending kindness?' I took his hand and stands up. I looked at him and crouched and bow to him. "I Druor, Will pledge my loyalty to you. Slay. I'm sorry for my misbehavior. I also deeply apologize to the party members that I have put in danger. I promise as long as you are my master, I would continue to serve and protect you and the other members." I think it's time. It's time I went back. As I was about to disappear, Slay put his hand on my shoulder and smile. "You're a great fighter. Thanks for all of this" As I disappear and back into the blade, Slay's smile are carved deep into me. "This is truly, a blessing" are my last thought and disappear.