Chapter 31 : What Happened There?

"So tell me again what are we doing now?" Nae asked us for the tenth time. Sylvia turned around. "Ugh! you're so annoying! I'll tell you one more. Remember it well! We're going to the Caves Of The Forgotten Ones!" Sylvia answer irritatedly. "Yeah, I know we're going there but what did the waitress said again?" Nae asked. "Well technically what she said was.." I tell them what the waitress said to us.

****

[Flashback on the restaurant]

"The Caves Of The Forgotten Ones. It was once a place where the villagers here would get their supplies and all. That place is full of valuable goods,ores and other stuff that is fit to sell and earn a ton. It was truly a blessing for us to be having this place here. But all of that changes a week ago. The town suddenly receive a tiny earthquake. Not that big enough that could make us fall down and take a shelter but it was enough for us all to go and hide. Thankfully it only occurred once but after that, the cave change. Every night you would see blue light. Everyone was afraid of it. Some people volunteered to go and look but they never came back. Thanks to that, the cave have become a cursed place. Nobody would try to go near it because of the fear of losing their own lives. If you're going there, please be careful. It's best if you all go at night as you all can see it better." The four of them instantly nodded. All is good and all but what is this weird feeling I'm having?

****

[Present]

"That's what she said, so that's why we're moving at night where it's cool and not hot at all. Also, I wanna see it for myself this bright blue light that they all been talking about." . Nae gave a long 'hmm' and then suddenly pat my back. "Oh yeah. What were you doing back there? I saw you talking to one of the waitress and laughing and all" Eck. Busted. I looked at Cydella and she is already looking at me with a sharp glare and then smile. "Tell me everything about it later okay? EVERYTHING." Ahh, God please have mercy.

****

We finally arrived at the cave. Looked really abandoned . As we are ready to stepped in, an old woman shows up behind us. "what in the world are you people doing here? Go back home!" Yikes. This granny is not a friendly one. I calm her down with a smile. "well, calm down granny. Mind telling us why do you want us to go back?" whatever her reason is I gotta listen. "I see you all are heroes. I must warn you, when the blue strikes, you'll be gone. Just like what happened to the people who came here proclaiming that they'll release the place from the Evil caves. But they never returns." "In other word?" ask Sylvia. The granny sigh and looked at us. "In other word. They died."