Chapter 32 : The Cave Keeper, Zarthos

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "They..died?" The granny nodded her head. "That's just crazy talk! They can't be dead!" The granny glared at me. "Whether you believe me or not, that's your pro'lem! But I can say this confidently that the people who went in there will never come out. I know. I know because a man who went in there, claiming that the rumors weren't true, never came back again!" All of us were speechless. The granny turned around and started to move away. "If you know what's good for you, better step away from this." With those word, she walks away from us.

****

"So what now?" Cydella ask me. I was still thinking about what she said. Something about it that seems strange. The way she didn't want us to enter. It seems so.. I shift my gaze to Aisa. She is strange too. "Aisa." Aisa looked at me. " Did you heard anything about this ? The whole missing people in the caves?" Aisa shakes her head. "No. This is the first time I heard about this." I see. Even she didn't know. I ponder for a while and finally reached a conclusion. "guys. We're going in." The whole party just give me a smile with a thumbs up. Aisa just smile at the decision I make. With our goal united as one. All of us enter the cave,

****

The cave is huge. Water drip can be heard inside the cave, dripping from the stalagmite and onto the floor of the cave. "Whoa. This cave is not only huge, but it also have a long passageway. Look." We all look at the direction Nae was pointing. Sure enough a long passageway can be seen that stretches into the dark. Ka-thuk. The sound of stone dropping. I instantly looked over and saw a bunch of monster spawned out. I laugh. "I see. Now I know why. Guys. Get ready for battle. Let's clear this path so that we can move forward to the boss." Cydella and the others all equipped their weapon and activates skills. "Aisa. Stay close to me. Guys! Lets go!"

****

We fought our way through. Slish. Slash. Blingz. Smash. The sound of our weapon echoed throughout the cave . We fought and fought until finally. We have come to a stop and in front of us is a big entrance covered with torches and skulls on the side of it. We stepped in. Little by little . As we approaches the place, a figure can be seen standing there. "I commended you for coming this far. I am Zarthos. The Keeper of this place. I see you are also here for the magical stone. Much like these heroes who have come here. Only to die at my hand." I looked at the stone behind him. It has to be it. Aisa tugged my hand. Ushering me to lower my head so that she can whisper something. "That's the stone." I understand now. I unsheathed my sword. This is gonna be a long fight.

****

[To be continued..]

[Zarthos : Level 98]

[Stats : HP 100670. Att : 236]