Chapter 45: Battle On Floor 100 - I

We're going in. This is it. No more turning back. I look at the dungeon for the last time and at the same time I whisper 'may we get through this and get out of this place once and for all' and then head in. Our battle for our lives, begin.

[Dungeon Floor 100]

As soon as we got in, the door closes. Shutting us in. Now it's true we can't get out unless we beat this. We closely examine our surrounding when a sudden voice echo through out the dungeon room. "I congratulate you four for making it this far." We readied our weapon. "Come on. Don't hide! show yourself!" I shouted. "Very well. I shall grant you what you wish." For a moment after the voice subside, there was a total silence then without warning, the ground shakes violently. We grab onto something while we saw a bright red light appeared and then a man step out of it. "Slay. I see you've this far." It's still bright but I could make out the shape of a man. "How did you-" He hold out his hands. "I see you have forgotten my announcement at the town square a year ago. Let me refresh your memory." He stepped back and start chanting. Minutes later a black box appeared. I recognized it immediately. "That box. You're the GM? You bastard. Let us out already!" The GM looked at me as if he was pitying me. He moves close to me, close enough that I can see his face clearly on my face while he said. " Fight me if you and your team wishes to get of this game."

****

I readied my weapon. No. More likely, we all readied it. Losing is not an option. "Hey, tell me one thing. Why did you create this game if its purpose was to trap people in?" The GM walks silently to one of the door on the far end. "Let see. Where should I start. I know. Let's start with 'You all are just an experiment.' dialogue. Would that suffice?" I grip the hilt of my blade real hard. "Experiment!? if this is an experiment, you wouldn't let people die so easily in this game!" The GM laughed. "My my. We have a rowdy one here. I created this experiment to see if human were deem fit for survival. What better way to fool the people into participating it than programming it in a game?" I was dumbfounded for a while. "Participating?" The GM smiled. "Yes. Voluntarily." voluntarily? what is guy talking about? Suddenly, I remembered.

Flashback

The TV news was on. It was showing the street of Shibuya where there's a lot of people in line waiting in a store in front of them to be opened. One of them was interview. "I'm so excited! This is the grant opening and the day the game 'Chaos World Online' came out I'm so gonna buy it!" the man continue to speak. After a few hour, the shop opens and the people rushed in. I stand up from the couch and make my way to the shop shown on the TV.

****

Inside the shop, I found the game and decided to buy it. Along the way, I accidentally bump into a girl. She was almost fell but I manage to grab her and help her stand. "You okay?" she just nodded and then looked at me then run. I went to the paying line.

****

After waiting for one hour, it was finally my turn. I handed the game and strangely, she give me a piece of written paper and asked me to sign it as a proof that I had bought the game. Without hesitation, I sign up my name and then walked out.

*******

Everyone was in shocked. Probably they remembered that they had sign the paper when they purchase the game as well. The GM looked at us. "Has it come to you all? Yes. The paper that was handed to all of you was a voluntarily agreement. You people just sign it up. As expected." Cydella slumped down. "So..if we knew back then, this wouldn't have happen." I grip my sword harder. "So what if we got tricked. I got tricked too. Stand up. It's too early to give up. We're taking it back. Our freedom!" Cydella looked at me and then stand up. "That's right Cy! We did promise to meet up after all this is done right? It's too early to give up." The GM looked at us. "Very well. I shall give you freedom and to all of the player here, if you manage to defeat me and my greatest creation. Come forth! Baal'Zebub!" The floor rumbled violently and out came the monster from the room that the GM is standing. Aisa stand close to me and whisper, "That's the final boss." I gulped and gear up. This is gonna be epic.