Chapter 43: An Intelligent Enemy

It's not hard to fight the boss, attack then back up. That's our strategy. What trouble me the most is the intelligent stat. Back when I scanned it using Aisa's help, it didn't show up. All it show is question marks. That never happened before and when it does, it never is a good sign. I quickly dodge its attack. This boss's attack are a bit different than the other boss that we have encounter before. It moves a little more smoothly. As if it's anticipating our attack. Cydella move closely to me. "Slay, don't you think it's a little strange how most of our attack aren't enough to take it down? Look at it's health. It didn't move a bit!". True to what Cydella is speaking, it's health are not dropping. None of our attack managed to put a dent on it's life bar. We need a plan. "Artrus! Von! Meteora!" Sylvia cast a powerful attack spell and managed to hit it. 'BOOM!' the sound of it hitting the target. Dust engulfed us. Once it cleared, we immediately looked at the life bar. Sylvia's attack did managed to give it damage! Even if it's little, at least it did some damage. The boss scream or more likely howl. "There's that howl again!" Nae points out. White light surrounded the chamber. Like a flash on a camera, we were forced to cover our eyes and as usual, after it happen, the boss's health recovered. Significantly.

****

"Damn that light." Nae cursed. Sylvia cough. "You okay?" I went towards Sylvia. "Yeah. I'm good. Just feeling a little tired." Cydella sits down. "You're not the only one Syl. Me too." I looked over both of them. Something is wrong. Suddenly a plan comes into mind. "Aisa. Cast stealth shield and then ask both of them to recovered their MP." Aisa nodded but then stopped me. "Where you're going?" I smiled at her and patted her head. "I think I got something." I stepped away from them and immediately Aisa cast a stealth shield. Hiding them. I looked over the boss. "Yo, having fun? Well I think that's enough now. Let's see if it's true. Aurora! Ilimis! Tundra!" Luckily I know a few attack spell. Although I never used them much in a real battle, times like these made me glad that I learned a few of them. My attack spell is ice base. So not only it gives damages but it also give a mini stun so it's pretty handy. The boss's health reduced. Immediately after the mini stun ended, it quickly cast the blinding light and after that, I quickly felt what Cydella and Sylvia felt. "Now I know how you managed to gain that much health." I quickly retreated towards Aisa and the others.

****

By the time I got there, both of them have already recovered their MP. "Slay! what are you doing back there?" I reassured Cydella that what I'm doing is testing out something and immediately tell them what the boss being doing using that light. "But how are gonna kill that monster if we can't use magic? Physical attack won't do much damage to it" Sylvia slumped back. "Not exactly. There's one more skill that have both magical and physical damage." I smile. "Oh and Aisa. I'm gonna need you to cast us Dark Shade. But only limit it to our eyes. Make it like a sunglasses." Aisa nodded and begin making it. "Now for the rest of us. Here's the plan"

****

"Are we ready?" I shouted. Everyone nodded. "Cydella? You okay? are you sure you want to do this?" Cydella hesitated but then looked at us with determine eyes. "Don't worry. I can handle this." I don't know if it's in the programmable ability but my body suddenly moves to hug her. "Don't push yourself too hard." She was taken aback but then nodded. We immediately execute our plan. "Flore! Ilica! Tundraga!" Cydella casted her powerful spell at the boss. "Rockiar! Tillica! Firage!" followed by Sylvia, both of them launched their attacked at the boss and it hit the boss. The health was reduced by fifty percent. 'right about now. C'mon. Use that damn light of yours'. As expected, the boss uses the light. "Now Aisa!" Aisa nodded and casted Dark Shade on us. The Dark Shade shielded us from the light. The first image that I saw, is an astral like tentacle latches on Cydella and Sylvia. 'Now that's why we're losing MP.' I looked Aisa. "Aisa! Come here! I need your scanning ability" Aisa came and I use her ability.

[Scanning Enemy]

[...]

[Scanning Complete]

[Floor 90 Boss]

[Type : Wind]

[Str: 208, Int: 300]

So that's it huh? The intelligent stat only viewable after it cast this light. "Nae! You can use magic? Cut those damn tentacle on the back of Cydella and Sylvia!" Nae nodded and then casted fire magic which apparently have no effect whatsoever. "So we have to attack the source huh." I unsheathed my second blade and activated one of my skill. "Skill one! White snow!" The attack is powerful enough to shaken the boss thus releasing the tentacle that has latches it self on both of the girls. Immediately not wasting time, I cast the attack spell that I uses earlier to gave it a mini stun and then close in on the boss. After I got close I uses my ultimate on the boss. "You're done." was my last word to it and then I proceed to attack it.

****

It didn't took long for me to defeat it. After the boss is finished. The chamber door open revealing a path for us to continue. We could move out but we decided to stay and catch our breath for a while. Ten more floor to go.