Chapter 14 : Elven Forest's Bandits

Nae quickly stand ups and regroup with us. The Elven Forest is quiet. Too quiet. As if nothing had appeared. The monster had also stopped spawning. Suddenly the bushes near us rustled. I readied my sword. 'A surprise attack? or is it the boss?' I thought. I can't tell. I give them a signal to prepare for an attack from the enemies. We formed a four man pillar in which we all stand back to back. This way we can ensure our own safety. Suddenly, a dart flew and hit me. I pull it out. "It's okay. That didn't hurt a bit." I readied my sword and as I did that, four of them jumped out. As I thought! This is a surprise attack!. we dodged their attack and I immediately scanned them. "Bandits. Level 67 huh?" I attacked the first one and he fell down swiftly. The other two guy saw this and immediately focus their attack on me. For people who doesn't use magic, these guys are really tough.

Both of them hit me simultaneously and I was thrown a few feet back. They marched towards me and was ready to attack when out of nowhere, they drop down to their knees and was rendered unconscious. "Black Cat Dance. This attack me critical attack plus a boosted attack speed." I was saved. This time by Cydella. "In the depth of the earth I call thee, SUMMONED EARTH ROCKER!" Sylvia's enchant can be heard and the bandit was defeated.

They cheered because they just defeated the bandits but something was wrong. Something's- Suddenly the boss appeared. 'I knew this was good to be true.' I thought. I scanned the boss. "Bandit Boss. Al'Jarak. Level 98" Nae and the other were shocked. "98!?. That's higher than your level Slay!" He said. "I know. But it's nothing." The bossed jeered at us. "Are you sure you should be saying that?" I was confused by what he said. "What do you mea-" A sudden sharp of pain hit me. "Dammit. What did you do!?" I drop down to my knees. The boss looked at me as if he had achieve something. "looks like it's finally kicking in" Then I realised. The dart earlier! It's tip was drenched with poison! dammit! . "Let's get this over with" The boss charges at us. I stand up and readied my sword.

We all charged at once. Sylvia and Cydella both used magic that quickly binds the boss making it easier for us to attack him. It didn't last long though as he is able to break free from it. He conjured a ball of fire and throw it at us. We managed to dodged but the explosion caused by the fire damaged us a little. The boss laughed. "Let me show you something cool." He makes a fist and immediately after that red aura surround his body. He took out his sword. "Rage Mode!" I looked at him. Nae was in panic. "This is bad! That is the Akaken! The red sword!. It's said that the sword will grow stronger if paired with rage mode!" I looked at the boss again and he was laughing loud. "You scared little children!?" I took a deep breath and said. "Nae, Cydella, Syl. Hold him off for fifteen second. I'm gonna attack him." They all looked at me. "You gotta plan Slay?" I smile. "yeah. Something like that." I quickly prepare my attack while the three of them distract him.

I close my eyes. 'Are you there? It's okay if you can't answer. I'm gonna borrrow your power again.' I opened my eyes and right at the time, all three of them were thrown off. Nae! Cy! Syl! Stay back!" I pull out my black swords and immediately, the black and white tattoo were back, swirling and covering my arms. All three of them were in shocked by what they see. "Let this be you end. A Thousand Slash! Infinite Slash!" I immediately attacked him with barrage of slashes, I didn't stop. The boss can't defend against this attack. His health went down quickly as mine too. We were at the end of our hp. It was a race between us. who depletes his hp faster. In the end, the Boss's health went down first and I was the winner. I looked at my hp, still got 100 left. That's great. I sheathed my swords back and gives a thumbs up before falling down to my knees.