Chapter 48: The Final Confrontation

The monster is down for the count. Ba'al Zebub is dead. Now all that left is the GM. we confront him. "Finally it's down to us right?" I said. The GM smiled. "I admire you Slay. You've been stripped off your level before but you managed to level back up. I'm impressed. I tried to stop you. I put you up to those bandits, have your leveling up skill dropped down a little, I even time it right so that the reaper's attack would hit you but still! Still! You managed to escape from it.  You are indeed something." His face changed from being calm, to enraged, to disappointment and then back to being calm according to what he said. 

****

I took a deep  breath and sigh. 'So all this time, is this guy's fault huh?' I raised my sword towards him. "So what if those happen? I got only one thing in my mind. Home. Once I beat the crap outta you, we're gonna come back home. One way or another." I readied my weapon. The GM's smirk disappeared and all was shown is utter annoyance. "Very well. I'll strike a deal. If you beat me, I'll release you all. Not just you but everyone in this game. The escape route will be on the Town Square. Plus, I'll also transfer you all there in a jiff. Well, that is, IF you could beat me." The GM floats around and cast a barrier and then went inside. I tried attacking it but all it did is reflect back at me, damaging me a little. "It's no good. What is that barrier anyway?" Aisa scanned the barrier. "Scanning done. That's a Guardian Barrier. It's a barrier that reflect back the damage the attacker give to it." Aisa explained. 

****

"If physical attack won't work, let's attack him using magical!" Cydella gives a suggestion. That was just what I was thinking. Nice going Cydella!. Fortunately, Cydella and Sylvia both have powerful magical attack so we're not so worried. The problem is me and Nae. While we both have magical attack, it's very weak. "We attack on the count of three." All three of them nodded. "One! Two! Fire!!" We shot. We give our best shot and hope for the best. The attack is concentrated into one powerful blast that is aim directly towards the enemy. Seconds later a loud 'BOOM' echoes throughout the floor. With a satisfied smile carved on our face we stand. "What are you smiling about? Your attack. Poorly executed. Well it did hit me. Take a look at my hitpoint." We all looked at his hit point. It was reduced to half. So the attack does hit and took out a portion of his health. We can win this. The GM came down. "This is really boring. Only fighting like this is nothing. Let's go hand to hand combat. Don't worry, I'll disable my barrier. Perfectly fair right?" We didn't need for an answer, All five of us attacked him...

...and not a single attacked managed to hurt him one bit. 

CRAP.

****

"That's not really nice of you all to attack me all at once. A little rough but I admire it. Now, it's my turn." The GM hold his hands up and then invoke a spell, suddenly the world around us distort and the next thing I knew, all three of them is hold in midair. "Hey! put them down!" I charged at him but he dodged it and then attack me. "Slay. Why resist? Why won't you just accept this life and live here forever?" I struggled to stand up. "Because..because living here is not real. It's an illusion. I know that everyone who's trapped in here know that. So that's why..we're fighting!" I charged at him again and he dodged it to left which I predicted. I time it and it hit him, greatly reducing his health. "Geh. You're presistant. Fine, I'll end it here and now!" The GM invoke a spell, seconds later the floor rumbled and then a meteor the size of a building came. "This is where I'll end it. Don't worry. I'll make sure you- Ughh!" A bulged appeared around his chest and then out came a blade. Looking behind is none other than Aisa. "Wh..what?..N..No." The spell immediately cancel and the GM drop to the ground. 

Looking back, I was sure that he died. 

Well, in theory, he did. 

I sighed. 

****