Chapter 8.7 : A Powerful Gift

When I think it, my life has never been good. No. It was good except it's too boring. Everyday you do the same thing, you have to force a happy expression as if you are understanding of it. It's like wearing a mask. It was then, I found out about online games and one game that pique my interest is CWO. It was awesome. It's the first game that had me thinking 'This is my new home.' I remember the feeling when I first put on the VR and admire the realism the game had to offer. I was happy but at the same time, awestruck. I can't really explain it properly but I knew this is a way for me to remove myself from any uninteresting things that had happen in my real life, to me, this is it. Or so I thought.

When the GM announces of a new event, I casually pressed YES along with my other newly friend, Leo. It was the worst decision ever however despite that, I never considered this as bad luck. I keep on going and eventually, I made new ones. With these new one we decided to go on a raid to the 60 floor but when we reached floor 50, we were attacked by the death ghoul. It was a long a battle, but eventually we were able to destroy it. Well, just the body though. The reminding half of it would stab at my friend but I managed to stop it with my own body.

And so here I am. about to lose conscious when suddenly a voice called out to me. I looked around and the one who did it..was A sword. A black one. Just like- " What a pathetic look. So this is the guy who dominate the Black and White sword? You're dying here. You're only option is to use this power. Well, even if you said no, I would still release it because you already fulfill the condition." I was in a daze. What is this sword talking about? I'm dying here. "There are two condition for you to be able to use the full power of the swords. The first one, your level must be appropriate for it. No lower than 70 but higher than 50. To sum it up, in the middle of it." I listen to it. "The second one. The user must be at a lower health. lower than 100. The lower the better chance for it to make contact." Ahh yeah. I remember now. That's the condition for me to obtain it. I must accept it. The cursed sword. Able to cut through anything. The white holds heavenly power while the black holds hellish power. Although it's known as that after it's awakening. Before, it would simply known as X swords. "I deemed you, Slay as the new master of the Heavenly Hell swords. Accept with pride." A notification pop out with a question 'Would You Accept?' I smile. Of course the answer would be YES!

Immediately after pressing YES, I could feel a surge of energy coursing through my body and then seconds after a black and white line swirls on hand up to my arm almost making it like a tattoo. It's hot but it's worth is. I stand up. This will end it. I looked at my health. Still 10. Great. It didn't give a health boost but that was expected. The reaper also stands. It screams and wails, after that it charges at me. Normally I would panic but strangely I was calm. Is this also the effect of the swords? A blessing maybe. I close my eyes. "Heavenly punishment. Two grand Slash." I activate a skill and instantly, as the reaper came in contact with me, I slashed it two times. It's over. The reaper then scream and then disappear. I quickly pick up it's weapon. The scythe and a notification pop out. 'You defeated the Boss. Obtain : Reaper's Scythe. Inflict pain and damage enemy over time. ATT : 132' I smiled. What a nice find. I stashed the scythe at my inventory and unsheathed my swords. The tattoo also disappear after I unsheathed my swords. I pull it out again. The tattoo didn't came back. "I see. So it only came out during a special skill. That mean, the skill I did back there was a special one." I smile. Yet another great find. I put back my sword and walked towards the door.

As I walked towards it, I cough up more blood. "Ahh. I forgot about it. I need medical soon. Maybe Cydella could heal me. Yeah. She's good at healing. Cy.. wait for m-" I collapsed and fainted.