Chapter 10 : What Happen Before

'It's dark. Wait. Didn't I die? Why is there a pillow on my head? I see! I don't know how but maybe I'm out of that game. Well, it's a bit sad because I can't see Cydella anymore. Wait. This smell. Grilled pork?' I slowly opened my eyes and I was greeted with a sight of a wooden ceiling. 'Seems like, I'm in a house'. I looked around me and saw an elderly man sitting on a chair just across my bed. I try to sit. The bed made a little noise from the spring inside the bed. The elderly woke up and greeted me with a smile. "You okay now?" I nodded. "Where am I?" I asked. The elderly man calls out to someone on the kitchen, I assume he's calling his wife. "Darl! can you get us something to drink?". A few minutes later, his wife puts down the drink on the table. "Drink up. You must be thirsty from all of that." I drink it.

After drinking, the elderly man proceed to introduce himself. "It's great to see you okay now. Oh I'm Albert and this is my wife, Felicia." I bow down my head a little to show respect. "I'm Slay." Albert smiles. "Slay huh? Nice name for an adventurer. That's pretty bold of you, fighting that reaper. Thanks to you, It won't be a bother to any other adventurer from now on. Although I'm surprise after all of that, you still manage to survive even when your HP is dangerously below 10." I was shocked but keep it cool. "I used a skill that give me a powerful slash but at the cost of my own HP." Albert rubs his head. "That's a pretty troubling skill. I advise you to use it only when needed. Also, Increase your HP. What's your current HP?". I opened up the menu and pull out the stat description. "It's around 9k." Albert smiles. "here. Take this. Opened it when you need it. It will help you." I took the item and put it in my bag. "Oh yeah, how long have I been out?"

Albert looked at me and sigh. "1 Week. A full 1 week" My eyes went wide. "Well I gotta go! They gonna nee-" I feel a sharp pain on my stomach and red liquid can be seen. Albert give a long sigh, It took me a while to realize that the wound opened up. "ahh shit." I lay down the bed again and utter a 'sorry' to Cydella and the rest because it'll be a while before I got to see them again.

[2 weeks later]

I made a full recovery. After saying my thanks to Albert and his wife for taking care of me, I bid them farewell and continue on my journey to Bursubia Town on floor 60. The morning light feels a little bit bright but it's okay. I got a goal.

****

It was already night by the time I reach the dungeon. Currently I'm in floor 55. I sighed. 5 more level huh. I pull out my sword and continue forward.

I've been going on for a while now and currently I'm at floor 59. 1 more level. luckily the boss never comes out at night. So I'm lucky. As I make my way, suddenly out in the front, I can hear the dungeon floor door open and then after a while shuts backs up. This is bad. Night is full monster with level higher than the floor level. Who's stupid enough to go in and challenge them? I took out my sword and was about to charged when I realize that the monsters have cornered them. I focus on them, and my heart almost stops. Those 'stupid people' are Cydella and the others! This is bad, Sylvia has made a barrier but I doubt it'll last. There's no other choice. I'll have to take them out with a single attack. I charged up my white sword, white tattoo started forming on my arm. This is it. The max one. "Special Skill! White Impact!" Seconds later a loud boom can be heard and the monsters disappeared. I smile. "thank God they're safe." The tattoo disappear. I approached them and offered my hand to Cydella. immediately she hugged me. I hugged her back.