Chapter 28 : Borias Reveal The Truth

' Recap from last chapter '

  Slay and the others bought a house near Discordia Hill where the houses there is enough for it to support all four of them. After buying the house, Cydella heard an unnerving rumor that a winged monster keep on harassing the people here and disturbing them. That evening,  just before they were going to have dinner, the power went out and a knock on the door can be heard. They gathered up courage and opened the door, only to find a smiling little girl asking for food. After she eat, she introduced herself as Aisa Virehoc and asked for their help to find the Stone Of Zeus which is divided on three different places. They set out on their first place which is on the Leaf Village. All went smooth until the bandits attacked. Slay offered the Elder a helping hand in turn, the Elder has to give the Stone to them. The Elder hesitantly agreed and out they went to help clean up the village.  While fighting the boss, Slay was given a warning from him. "beware of the Elder" was the Boss's word to him. 

****

Sword clashing. Clang! We stepped back. Borias swing his sword at me but I manage to dodge it and counter it with a fast slash which hit his arm and blood ooze out. He stepped back and looked at me. "You're pretty good. What's your name?" I looked at him "Slay." I answered. "Slay huh? A perfect name for someone who loves to slay people around. I like that eyes of yours. It showed me what you have." I shake my head. "Stop the chitter chatter and explain what you just said before. 'Be careful of the Elder'? Why would I do that?" Borias looked at me and shake his head while smiling. 'Kid. You're good but you're easily tricked." I was getting pissed at him. "Stop with the riddle and tell me what you mean by that!" Borias laughed. "You want the truth ? Beat me and I'll tell you. Everything." I gritted my teeth. "Just as you wish!" Both of us run towards each other and clash.

****

Meanwhile in the Elder's Place

"Elder. Borias and the party leader, Slay is fighting. What should we do?" The Elder thinks awhile and said " Once one of them is down. Kill the other one." The guard  looked shocked. "ki-kill him? Wait a moment Elder. Why would we do that?" The Elder looked at the battle outside. "Just do it. This is for our village." The guard looked hesitated but in the end he complied to it and just do it. The guard excuses  himself. The Elder looked outside and smile. "Borias or Slay ? Which ever it is, they all gonna die! After that, I'll have full control of the Stone!"

****

Back at the battle

Both of us huffed and puffed. This battle is taking longer than what it supposed to be. I looked up at the sky. It was cloudy when we arrived here and now it looks like its gonna rain. I grip my sword and charged towards Borias and he does the same as well. We both clashed. CLANG!!!! SWINGT!!! . The sound of our sword clashes one another. There was a brief moment of silence and Borias fell down. Ironicly after he did, the rain started to pour at this place. I looked at Borias and try to move towards him but the wounds that he inflicted earlier has just kicked in and it hurt. A lot. I bit my lower lips and began to move towards Borias. I need to know the truth of what he just said. I went towards him and glad to find that he is not dead but the slash on his stomach is pretty deep. This is the first time I saw something like this. Game or not this is just wrong. I crouched next to him. "Don't die yet man. Tell me what do you mean by 'Be careful of the Elder?' " Borias looked at me menacingly at first but then he smiled. Not an evil smile but a much more warmer smile. "You're strong. I knew it. I could tell. Listen to what I'm about to tell you. You're my last hope. The truth is..."

****

He explained everything to me. I was left with a shocked expression on my face.  I can't believe it. Seriously? What a fool I've been. After Borias gives me the explanation he tapped my shoulder and said "I'm counting on you. Please." . I looked at him with wide eyes. "CYDELLA! SYLVIA!! HURRY HERE!!" I shouted. Even in this rain, they could still hear me because Cydella have keen ears. Seconds after I called them, they came. I immediately instructed Cydella and Sylvia to heal Borias. While they're healing Borias, I explained everything what Borias said.  They were in shocked. "Anyway, right now I gotta find the Elder and settled this once and-" An arrow flew  and hit me in the chest. Immediately I got a sense of  déjà vu and fell down.