Chapter 19

After that morning, the routine resumed. In the week that followed, I did my final exams. The graduation ceremony took place afterwards and all members of Monsta X were present. For the prom, I had to go there alone, as they were very busy with shows, interviews and performances. I continued to hope that one day it would be me that would be so busy.

I called Jooheon a few times. He always called himself very busy and even though I told him to call me when he had time, he didn't do it, always giving the same excuse. But he happened to tell me he missed me. In any case, it didn't look like it. I still managed to take him from his schedule tomorrow night. He wanted to eat in a simple restaurant, nothing grand. I didn't care as long as it was with him.

There was only two months left before my audition I was going to need all that time to be fully prepared to present something suitable. Some members of Monsta X had even offered to help me. I planned to rest for around three days before resuming my classes at the agency. Although I wasn't officially in the agency, I had the chance to enjoy some privileged courses (mainly dance, rap and composition).

Today I didn't do anything special. Since I had nothing on my schedule (for once), I gamed and wasted my time on facebook and instagram. I took a nap in the afternoon to catch up on sleep that I had lost in the previous weeks. I probably had like two weeks of sleep to catch up. Good thing that I love to sleep. That night, I told myself that tomorrow might be the day that I finally get a real boyfriend. I had two about 3 years ago, but it wasn't really serious because it didn't last more than a month with each of them.

------------------------------------

I woke up at noon in top shape. I was already looking forward to tonight. Throughout the day, I went back and forth in the house, not knowing what to do to lower my stress level. At around 4:45pm, I began to prepare myself. I straightened my hair and put some make up. Since Jooheon wished that this is a normal exit, I dress up with shorts and a t-shirt. When I was done, there were only 15 minutes before he arrived. I decided to watch TV, but I couldn't concentrate on the screen.

He's 2 minutes late.

3.

4.

What's the problem? Why can't people arrive at the agreed time? I'm always ahead by 10 minutes. I know that 5 minutes isn't that much, but I can't wait to leave. You understand, right?

When he finally arrived, he greeted me with his hand and said a brief hello to my father before he tells me to follow him to the car.

Jooheon: So in what restaurant do you want to eat?

Me: I thought you had already chosen?

Jooheon: Well as you can see I didn't. A McDonalds, it's okay for you?

Me: Why not?

After all, I preferred that to a cheesy dinner.

On the way, we discussed various topics. We had a few laughs which significantly relaxed the atmosphere.

The McDonalds was full, but we managed to find us a small table in the corner. I ordered a McChicken and Jooheon a wrap. We remained silent throughout the meal. When we had finally finished, I decided to engage the conversation.

Me: It was good?

Jooheon: Delicious. I don't even remember the last time I ate McDonalds.

I was the first person with who he ate McDonald's since a long time. I felt suddenly very important.

Me: Haha, great. Umm.. I thought it might be necessary to talk.

Jooheon: Yeah... I also wanted to talk.

I got this now. I won't be single anymore soon. I was starting not to see hope anymore. I might have stayed a virgin all my life. I had chills just thinking about it. Who could remain a virgin for a lifetime?

Anyway, that's not the question.

In fact, there's just no question.

I thought about adopting a direct approach. First, stress would go away faster. You say it and it was over. It was like taking off a bandage, instantly it was scary, but after, it was over. Second, some guys liked girls who had insurance and who took things in hand. Here I am.

Me: So... Do you think we should date?

I really didn't like the expression he had on his face. I swear, if he hadn't had a chair, he would have fallen on the floor.

Jooheon: Oh shit Ha Neul, you make me this harder. (Please, dear readers no confusion, no dirty thoughts here)

Me: I don't understand...

Jooheon: I don't think it's a good idea to get in relationship...

Ooh, the slap I just took. How to say? I didn't expect this at all. This guy makes me believe that he's interested in me but he rejects me.

Jooheon: You're a good girl, but us together, I don't know. Already that we have a hard time to be a friends...

Me: What is it? Saejin stole my place in just two weeks?

Jooheon: No, no. There's no other girls. It's just that I would prefer...

The guy is nasty and almost always frustrated and suddenly, he speaks with his angelic voice because he feels bad.

Me: That we be friends? We can never be friends. I believe that you think like me. And all this time, whenever you kissed me, what was it??

Jooheon: It was just for fun, right?

Me: You played with me? For you I was just your toy?

Jooheon: Nah, stop. I didn't say that. You dramatize everything, you imagine things that aren't true.

We were almost shouting now.

Me: So what is it? You don't like me?

Jooheon: Well no, I don't like you.

End of chapter 19!! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!