Chapter 23

Shownu was right. I didn't think Jooheon could be that childish. Okay, I admit that my strategy wasn't really more mature, but his response is worse precisely because he retaliated.

* 2 days ago *

Kihyun asked Wonho to inform Jooheon about our "relationship". I didn't see his reaction, but from what I heard, he wasn't happy at all and left the room pissed. He would also have allegedly smashed the wall with an angry fist and would have shouted curses... But since it's Hyungwon who told me that, I didn't really believe him. He was in his world, better not to dwell on all that add of details to the stories.

I could hardly believe that Jooheon had fallen into the trap. The important thing was that he believed it and that for now everything was like clockwork.

In the afternoon, the guys had a meeting with their manager. I didn't want to go there but Kihyun dragged me there.

It was a rather casual meeting. I noticed a coffee table that hosted different dishes of raw vegetables and fruits. Around, there were black leather chairs arranged in a circle. There were 8. They were 7, plus the manager, 8. And there was me, with whom the figure was 9. To resolve this issue, Kihyun made me sit on his lap. He sat on the chair on the opposite of Jooheon which I dared not look. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder to get a better view. I must confess that this moment was the most uncomfortable moment of my life. I knew very well that Kihyun was only playing the game, but I had a lot of trouble to slip into the skin of my character. Kihyun played it so well that I felt that our relationship was real. I pushed away the protests of my mind and put my hands on his which were sealed around my waist.

I felt the gaze of Jooheon hanging over us, but I did as if nothing had happened. Maybe he wanted to be in the place of Kihyun? But what was I saying?

The manager had not arrived so the guys were talking to each other. Jooheon embarked in their conversation to turn his attention elsewhere. Meanwhile, Kihyun and I were discussing with Wonho who told us how he took a certain pleasure in watching this pretty funny scene.

The manager came and asked the guys silence. A voice still broke the silence despite the request of the manager.

Jooheon: As far as I know we are a group of 7 members and unanimously male. Unless there have been changes and nobody told me.

Yes, he was referring to my presence to their "meeting" of group. I knew I shouldn't have come. I had regretted it from the beginning.

Minhyuk: Oh it's okay. Ha Neul is like family now.

Shownu: I don't think anyone here is bothered by her presence. Except you it seems.

Jooheon displays a mine aback. I almost felt like the other members mounted against him. What was I doing?

I detached myself from Kihyun and headed for the door. I turned to see their faces surprised by my initiative.

Me: He's right, I have nothing to do here. I should really stopped to intrude everywhere you go right.

I said this to Jooheon of course.

With that, I turned my back and went through the door before closing.

I had no idea what happened in there after. I think I preferred not to know.

I headed to a dance hall and began practicing. Though I tried to concentrate to the max, my thoughts always deviated elsewhere. I tried to practice the part Shownu had specifically told me to work on. I really had trouble with it. 30 minutes later, I saw Shownu entering followed by Kihyun and Hyungwon.

Kihyun: Finally you're here! We were looking for you everywhere.

Me: Instead of wasting my time, I came to practice.

Shownu: What a good idea. Have you improved?

Kihyun: You'll talk about that later. Why did you leave? The best would have been to stand up and to face him. Everyone was on your side.

Me: Actually, I realized that my presence wasn't really justified so I preferred to leave.

I wanted to tell them what I really thought. That deep inside, maybe that was all for nothing and that Jooheon didn't like me and didn't love me. I mean, he might not like the fact that I was dating Kihyun, it didn't mean that he was jealous or that he loved me. Maybe he'll never admit it. I won't spend half of the year with a fake boyfriend just for a guy like Jooheon. If after 1, 2 or maximum 3 months nothing changed and he continues to do nothing, I'll give up. We can't force love. Why continue to make me suffer? A good life is waiting for me.

Hyungwon: Well, you'll have to be always more provocative each time.

Shownu: I think the simple fact of seeing them together annoys Jooheon. No need to go very far with it to reach Jooheon.

Hyungwon: It would still be more interesting if they were more provocative.

They debated for a few minutes and we finally left.

The next day, the guys had a little shooting in the afternoon and then, they had invited me to have dinner with them. Again this time, we had to go to the place on our own. I liked when we were there all along, but I knew that it wasn't possible. You understand that when I say "we", Jooheon wasn't included.

I would go there with Kihyun for our story to be even more believable. We relied to arrive a little late so that Jooheon would already be there and he would see us enter. The other guys were supposed to arrange for him to be sitting facing the door so he sees us arrive first. Almost all of our movements and gestures were calculated. Strangely, I found it a bit amusing. It was as if we were preparing some kind of crime. It wasn't the case sadly.

We arrived 15 minutes late. We succeeded in this segment. We entered and the waitress took us to our table where everyone was sitting withJooheon and... this girl.

End of chapter 23! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!