Prologue

So guys I've decided to start the major editing this book needs 😍😍 I love use all and hopefully you'll be hearing a lot more from me and Family Affairs 👑

"Aunty Joy, I don't want to go with them!"

A small smile appeared as she bent down and kissed my forehead, I looked straight in to her eyes with my own teal blue eyes and knew she wasn't happy I was leaving either.

"Come on Ararangi"

I reached out for my aunty with hot tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Mali! Cal! Uncle David! A-aunty!"

Calum went to grip me, his chubby cheeks mirroring mine, I screamed and kicked as my step dad picked me up, I threw my arms around trying to get out.

"Calum!"

"Ara!"

He was thrown over my uncles shoulder and taken inside, I didn't miss the single tear that ran down my uncles cheek as I was placed in the car. I banged and screamed....I didn't want to leave! They're my family why are they taking me away?

"Calm down Aroangi"

"My names Ararangi"

I snapped, the guy rolled his eyes as I kept pounding on the window begging for them to take me back, I didn't want to be here!

At 2 years old I was taken from my mum and dad for being unfit parents, I was placed in the care of my mums sister Joy Hood and was brought up with her two children Mali and Calum. When I was 12 my mum came back and took me away from the only family I had known and shoved me in to a whole new life style in California, USA, I went for constant visits to my aunties house but they stopped when I turned 15 and I refused to go back to my mums. Now, I finished high school and took a year off to travel before I start at Harvard University and study law. I hadn't seen my aunty Joy since my 15th birthday where I refused to leave her home along with my cousin Calum, I'd blocked my mum out until I was old enough to move out and bought an apartment with my best friend Kaelin who has moved over the year before to help out and one of my mothers many attempts to try and mend our relationship.

It sucks that after 4 years of not seeing my favorite cousin and having nearly to no contact with him you watch as girl after girl meet and greet him, friends gloating  about how they had meet 5 seconds of summer and how amazing Calum is....it truly does hurt.

That's all about to change.