{ Chapter 16~ Adoption.}

Unedited.

We arrived back at the hotel, Luke carried and went to lay her down when Calum grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"I promised her she can sleep in my bed"

Luke kissed her forehead and went to hand Cal Melody when I intercepted.

"I'll bring her in, she needs to be changed in to her pajamas"

He nodded and we all separated, I went in to Melpdys room and started to change her when she woke up and rubbed her eyes.

"Mummy?"

"Yeah baby?"

I picked her up, she wrapped her little legs around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I wuv you"

I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too"

I walked out of her room with her stuffed teddy in her arms, I knocked gently on Calum's door and within a few seconds he opened it wide letting me and Mel in.

"Just lay her on the bed. Can I talk to you?"

I nodded and laid her in his bed, I tucked her in and placed yet another kiss on her forehead before walking out on to the balcony where Calum stood leaning over the railing and ignoring the screaming fans below.

"You know I love you, right?"

I frowned and leaned over the railing with him, I nodded my head slowly, my eyes rows still knitted together.

"Look, I want you to be careful with Luke. He's my best friend and all.....but your family and if he does anything to fuck that up-"

"Cal, what brought all this on?"

He ran a hand through his hair, he looked up at me and signed.

"Nothing. Just be careful Ara"

He kissed my forehead and walked back inside, I looked across to the second balcony and looked in the window seeing Luke in the phone and talking, laughing and grinning like a loonitic. I walked out of Cal's room and in to my room, I got change an laid down, Luke had hung to phone up as soon as I walked in and was laying beside me, he draped his arm over my waist and rested his head in the crook of my neck. After and two hours of facing the wall, wide awake I got up carefully making sure I don't wake Luke and went and sat out in the living room, I pulled out my phone and flicked through my photos until I landed on one of me, Aimee, Kaelin, Melissa, DonJay, Blaine, Calum and my old friend Thomas. We were about 14-15 and lined up on the beach, all of us girls in our bikinis and the boys in there board shorts showing slight six packs.

I splashed Kaelin, Aimee and Melissa back as we stood knee deep in the water, the boys were playing soccer on the sand. I smiled looking out at my friends, I turned and leaned over to whisper in girls ear, they all agreed and we took of running towards the boys.

"Chose your partners"

We all ran to a boy, myself running to Thomas who was the biggest at the time, Kaelin jumped on Cal'd back, Aimee was with Blaine and Melissa with DonJay. We all climbed up on to there shoulders, we started to push eachother when we finally got in to the water and made the day the best we possibly could.

"Picture"

We looked up to see aunt Joy standing on the sand with her camera out, we started to take picture before she called out for a nice one, we all lined up on the sand, going in a pattern. Melissa, Calum, Aimee, Thomas, Kaelin, DonJay, Me and Blaine. All of us smiling and laughing at DonJay, we went on to take more, on eCh others backs, pulling faces.

They were all saved and I remember that do so clear, it was my 14th birthday.....it was just before I went back home. I didn't notice someone joined me in the room until Kaelin sat down beside me and peeked at my phone.

"Do you miss them?"

I looked at her. Melissa and Thomas had been dating since we were 12. Thomas died in a fatal car crash when he was 16 and Melissa committed suicide when she was 17 because she thought she would never love or care for someone again.

"Everyday"

I looked back down at my phone letting the year slip, Thomas was my adopted brother but when my parents split he was forced in to foster care, he was a year older then me and even when we weren't living together aunt Joy and his coaster parents made sure that we stayed in contact.....they were good like that. I'd become close with Melissa in 5th grade and we hang out everyday after we founded we were neighbors, she is the reason I names my child Melody, that's what Mel always wanted to be called and when I call my baby Mel it makes me think of her and her bubbly personality.

"Thomas always loved you Ara"

I squeezed my eyes shut and rested my head on her shoulder, she leaned her head against mine and signed out.

"It's his anniversary in tomorrow isn't it? That's why you lied to the guys"

I nodded and wiped a tear away, it was his 5 year anniversary tomorrow and I made up a lie about going out so I could spend the day at the cemetery with him, his coaster parents buried him in London because that's where they were moving and where he spent the last few years of his life at.

"Are you going to see him?"

I nodded and couldn't hold back the loud yawn that escaped my mouth, Kaelin chuckled before hoisting herself up and waiting for me to do the same. I thanked her before going back to bed and laying down, I didn't realize Luke was awake until he kissed my cheek where a tear was once sitting.

"I don't know who Thomas is. But I'll look after Melody tomorrow, good night baby"

I smiled and turned around to face him, I moved closer to his chest and kissed under his chin.

"Thank you. I promise when I'm ready I'll tell you"

He looked down and kissed my lips gently, he pulled away and rested his head on top of mine and fell asleep, his soft snore and even breathing made me smile, that was until Calum's words echoed through my mind.

"Look, I want you to be careful with Luke. He's my best friend and all.....but your family and if he does anything to fuck that up-"

What did he mean?