Chapter 27- Project Make Her Smile

Alec's P.O.V

   Now I don't want you guys to think that I was being a softie, but what can I do? I was certainly being a softie. It's Tori we're talking about. She was that girl that hurts me so much by just being so far away from me. Then she could just make me so happy and make me forget about the pain by just seeing her smile. Knowing she was happy, made me happy. I've always thought that was just some stupid cliche shit people make up in movies, but it was real. I was really happy when I see her happy. But that also meant that I get hurt by just seeing her hurt. 

   And right now, it was just so damn painful. 

   She was in pain. It was obvious. I mean duh. It was... well, surprising. 

   Ever since Tori showed up in my room at the party, my heart literally skipped a beat. I didn't know what to do. I started to contemplate whether to run to her and just kiss her, hoping that could make up with my whole dumping her and being a jerk. But then a part of me told me no. That by just looking straight into her eyes, I knew she was gone. She had built walls around her that kept her emotions locked up. 

   So seeing her like this, snuggled up in my arms, it shocked me. I never thought I'd live to see the day that she will, once again open up her heart to me.

   And I knew, I couldn't screw this second chance she was giving me.

   That was if she was certainly giving me a second chance...

   "Exactly how much collateral damage have I done to our final project?" She asked suddenly.

   I looked at her as much as I could in our position. "Well, not so much."

   But to be honest, A LOT.

   She pulled away from my hug and looked at me. I could see her face fully now. She was certainly a mess, but that didn't mean she wasn't beautiful. In fact she really did look beautiful. How can she rock that messy hair and 'I haven't slept for days' kind of look?

   "Tell me honestly," she urged. 

   I sighed in defeat. "Look, we're just behind the schedule."

   Her head hung low. 

   Shit. 

   "But," I quickly added, "have you forgotten that I'm the team leader in this project? You just have to have a little faith in me. We're winning this."

   Cockiness may or may not be my best talent. Fortunately, Tori snorted a small laugh. That's progress.

   She pulled away from my hold and got out of her bed. Next thing I knew she was rummaging in her closet and clothes were flying everywhere.

   "What are you doing?" I asked as I stood beside her. 

   "Looking for something to wear. We're going to shoot," she stated determinately.

   I couldn't help but chuckle. It was rather cute to find her like this. There was no ounce of bitchiness. I grabbed her hand which clutched a white Mickey Mouse shirt. At the sight of the shirt, an idea sparked in my mind. Oh this will make her smile for sure. 

   "Alec, let go. We need to shoot like right now."

   "It's a Saturday. Everyone's probably asleep or catching up with homework."

   "Or partying," she whispered.

    I smiled at her. "It's 10 am. No one's partying."

    Her arms were folded against her chest with my hand still wrapped around her hand which held the shirt. Slowly, I took the shirt from her hand and held it up for her to see. Her green eyes followed the shirt with a questioning look upon her face.