Chapter 6- Cereal For An Apology

It was certainly a miracle that I was listening intently to Leo's story. I was known to be that kind of person who would just shut out everyone if I was not in the mood. At the moment, I was actually pissed, but my attention was given to Leo.

He was smiling as he told a story when he was in New York with Tate and Alec. It turns out that these three were actually best friends.

"I had to bail them out twice!" he exclaimed with a slight shaking of his head.

I snickered. It was quite amusing to actually hear that Alec got arrested. Two years ago, he was a guy I once knew that was not capable of breaking his mother's rules. So maybe I wasn't the only who changed.

"Tori!" Leo called.

I blinked my eyes and focused on his chestnut brown eyes.

"I kinda lost you for a moment there," he said.

"Sorry," I quickly responded.

Leo chuckled and stood up. "I should go..."

I stared up at him with confusion. Did I do something wrong? As far as I am concerned, I was actually being nice though I practically uttered nothing.

"I'm boring you, Smurf."

I shook my head suddenly feeling so silly. Was I actually making him feel better because I actually enjoyed his company?

"No, you're not. How 'bout you take a seat," I offered.

Leo looked at me cautiously before sitting back beside me. This time, he was closer to me.

"You don't really talk much," he pointed out.

It was amusing to look at him. He had his hand scratching his imaginary beard as his eyes studied me like he was reading my soul.

"No. I don't."

"Why?" he asked.

I was sure about the answer, but Leo was certainly not yet worth telling to.

"I don't think there has to be a reason as to why I'm quiet," I retorted.

He shook his head with an easy smile on his face.

"But then I feel like you weren't a quiet girl before."

It surprised me that he was actually getting it right. I wasn't really a quiet girl back then. For a split second, I thought that Alec said something about us, but it was highly unlikely since Alec pretty much acted as if I was just a mere air in his previous years.

"That's just a feeling, Leo. It could either be right or wrong," I said feeling a smirk making its way on my face.

"Which one is it then?" he asked.

Certainly, he was dying to know the answer. It was obvious that curiosity was eating him alive.

"It's up for you to know."

He groaned. "You kill me, woman."

I chuckled.

We stayed silent for a while. It didn't really feel awkward, in fact it was just calm.

"What's up with you and Alec?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, not even suppressing my groan.

"I'd rather not talk about that asshole."

"Oh, bad past?"

I narrowed my eyes at this ginger boy in front of me. He was amused by my annoyance that he actually had the strength to laugh as he held up both of his hands in fake surrender.