Chapter 29 - Getting Back Up

Chapter 29 – Getting Back Up

      The sight that greeted me the moment I opened my eyes, was Alec--- half naked. He was standing in front of the mirror buttoning his black pants. He was getting ready for school. As if he'd know I was awake, he turned his head to look directly towards me.

      A sweet soft smile was soon on his face. "Good morning, love."

      I knew his voice should have tons of electricity towards my body, but at the moment, I felt lifeless. Propping my elbows on the bed, I sat up. Alec quickly put on a blue sweatshirt that complimented his blue eyes. His eyes scared me so I looked anywhere but that.

      "Want to get breakfast?" he asked, walking slowly, almost cautiously, towards me.

      The thought of getting food in my system didn't appeal me. The only thing that sounded appealing was sleep. I just want to sleep as long as possible with no interruption.

      "I don't really feel up for that," I answered. 

      In fact, I wasn't up for anything. Not even school. If only, I could drop out.

      Alec sat on the side of the bed but made no physical contact. I tried my best to avoid his eyes for it had the same color of the eyes that I feared the most. I had to remind myself that Alec's was different. His eyes were warm and filled with love. It was so much different from the other. 

      "Do you wanna stay all day in bed again?" he asked in concern.

      I did. A lot. But one look at Alec told me he was worried. Maybe my lack of motivation to do anything was alarming. I certainly did not want to alarm him. So taking my courage, I stood up from his bed. 

      "No, just want to skip breakfast," I lied. 

       The smile that Alec had on his face was priceless. It was a mixture of happiness and pride. He was happy and proud that I was going to do my best to get through the day. And besides, I do need to get my ass back to work.

       Thinking about the final project and how much damage I have done towards it made me feel anxious. I bet my groupmates are fuming in anger by now. We were so far behind and we haven't even shoot for any of my parts.

      "Let's get this day over with."

<><><><><>

      I was on my third period, History,  when Ms. Miles, the principal's secretary walked in the room. She talked to Mr. Duncan for a moment then both of their eyes were directed towards me. I didn't even realize that I was bitting my fingernails until Sasha pulled my hand away from my mouth.

      "That's gonna hurt and look ugly," she said softly towards me. 

      Words seemed to abandon me lately. I couldn't say anything or even make the slightest gesture that I was acknowledging my friend's concern. Instead, I focused back to Mr. Duncan and Ms. Miles.

      "Ms. Adams, Mr. Marks wants to see you. You're excused," Mr. Duncan announced in class.

      It took me a few moments to process what he said. I just stared at him dumbfounded and unmoving.

      "Well? What are you waiting for?" he snapped.

      That got me back to my senses. I grabbed my bag from the floor and walked out of the room with Ms. Miles.

<><><><><>

      The walk towards the principal's office seemed like forever. Ms. Miles was beside me but uttered no words. There was no explanation as to why I was being called, but I've got my ideas. It scared me. The feeling of not knowing what was going to happen frightened me. I wanted Alec to be with me, hell I wanted Sasha to be with me, even Tate and Leo would do. But at this moment I was alone.