Chapter 8 - Throwing Those Two Years

It would send Timara in a fit. If she ever heard about it, she would have booked a flight in a snap of a finger.

"Really?" Alec asked with an ear splitting grin on his face.

I slowly nodded my head. A part of me was screaming. Was I really throwing those two years of trying to forget about Alec?

"Thank you," he said warmly.

I couldn't respond. So I just tried my best to give him one of my most believable smile and went to join the others.

When I sat on one of the white leather couches, I could feel Leo's gaze on me.

"Tequila, my dear?" Tate offered.

I chuckled and accepted his offer. As we talked and drank, what I did was flooding my mind. I have officially gave Alec a one way ticket to my freaking stupid walls.

<><><><><>

"He was your best friend?" Sasha exclaimed.

My hand went to cover her mouth before she could even say another word. There were some people looking at us as we sat on the wooden benches. We were at the 'park' that was located at the rooftop. I've been here but it was too dark for me to notice that it was actually a park filled with trees and green grass.

It was officially Saturday. I mentally gave myself a pat for surviving the week.

"Can you be any louder?" I hissed at her.

Even with my hand covering her mouth, the maniac smile she was sporting was very evident. Sasha slapped my hand away with a glare still intact on my face.

"Oh, wipe that glare," she cooed with a light chuckle.

"You cannot tell anyone," I warned her.

"Why not? You're the golden boy's best friend!"

I looked around to look who heard her. Luckily, she said it a bit softer this time. The people around us were still in their own bubble.

"I do not want to be branded as the asshole's best friend."

"Golden boy," she corrected.

I stared at her. How can she still put Alec in such high pedestal? I mean, okay, he does look amazing. The way he sport his white shirt and black jeans that hung too low against his hips was just so freaking hot. Or the way his hair would always be so messy and so damn sexy. I freaking understand that. But Alec was a jerk. He screamed asshole and bad.

"He's an asshole," I told Sasha. But inside I knew that I was also reminding myself.

"He can be nice, Tori. Look at him, he screamed angel," she said with her gaze somewhere.

I followed where her eyes were directed at. There I saw Alec, he had this huge smile on his face as he talked with an ash blond haired boy. The boy he was talking with was oddly familiar. He looked like he was about 9 years old. Alec, knelt on the ground and placed the football on the ground.

"Who's the kid?" I asked Sasha.

"You don't know him?" Sasha replied instead.

I looked at her with a sarcastic face. "Oh no. I know him. Like I just wanted to freaking ask with no freaking reason."

Sasha glared at me. "That's-"

"Hey, Tori."

I looked at the source of the voice with a scowl on my face.