Chapter 16 - My P.O.V

Alec's P.O.V

The moment I saw Tori come in my room, I knew I was screwed. That night at the party, I was booking a flight back to London. I was getting sick at being treated like a star in my school. I miss having a family. It's not that uncle Zach does not do a good job at making me feel like I have a family, it's just he's too busy with work and all. But then the moment I saw Tori and her platinum blue hair, I couldn't get myself to book the flight. It was like she was the reason why I wanted to go back to London.

Breaking up with her was the biggest mistake of my life. She was my best friend ever since I could remember. Then we got together and everything felt right. It was like I wanted to give her everything I have. I was in love, but feared that she does not love me. Maybe her sudden lack of affection with me just pushed me to the edge. I was afraid that she was going to leave me when I centered her in my life. So I became selfish and broke up with her. 

I stared at her as we ate lunch with our friends. Something was different with her now. She was actually smiling. For months of her being here, it was only now that I saw her real smile.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked me.

I was startled. The grip I had on my burrito loosened and it fell flat on the table. Tori's gaze went to my fallen burrito and a smile formed in her face. I felt my cheeks heat in embarrassment and Tate's laugh only made it worse.

"What?" I heard Sasha asked. 

"Stop the staring, lover boy," Tate teased.

I glared at my best friend that could probably send him six feet under the ground if looks could kill. He raised his hands up in fake defeat.

"Just pointing out the obvious."

"Pointing what?" Leo asked as he placed his tray of food on the table and sat beside Tori.

I scowled at his closeness with my girl. Wait what? Tori was far from being my girl. I do not feel the same way as I felt before for her. Right?

"Nothing. Don't want to cause a war here," Tate continued to make the matters worse.

"Tate," both Sasha and Tori hissed at the same time.

"Oh don't stop him. Everything's so amusing," Timara but in with a smirk on her face.

She does not fail in getting in my nerves each single day. Back in London, I was aware she was a meanie in school but she never got in my way. Boy, I miss those days where I was invisible to her. Why was she even Tori's friends. 

"Timara, don't start," Tori snarled at her friend. 

"Guys, I really don't get anything that you are saying," Leo chimed. 

I groaned out loud. "Can you all just shut up?"

Surprisingly, they did. But it only took them ten seconds before they all started to laugh out loud. I dipped my head on the table and groaned. I just wanted the floor to suck me. 

Eventually, they dropped the topic. Everyone acted as if they weren't teasing me a few moments ago. But I decided not to dwell on that. Their silence about that was good enough. I kept in mind that I have to keep it discreet.

"Hey, Tori," I heard Leo say. 

I kept my gaze away from them but kept my ears open. So what if I'm eavesdropping? If whatever they're talking about was important they should have done that privately.

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy on Friday after class?" he asked.

My body stiffened at his question. I felt a pang in my chest. It was like my stomach was churning as if I tasted something sour and disgusting.