Chapter 15 - Seriously, I Tried

This was how it went...

Two months have passed and Alec and I managed to stay friends without ripping each other's head off. Of course we fight like there's no tomorrow, but at the end of the day, I find myself making up with him. He was like my personal enemy but hero. And at the same time, I was his.

My phone rang by 3 am. Lately, getting sleep seemed impossible for me. Ever since that night that I did 'it' with Alec, it was like I kept on having this flashes from the past. And none of it were remotely good. They were more like nightmares from my past. Timara moving out from my dorm didn't help at all. Uncle Zach found out about here and was furious for I will get in trouble. But being the cool uncle he was, he offered to let Timara stay at his and Alec's dorm which has a total of 5 bedrooms. 

"I'll declare Timara as my eyes for Alec," he told me. 

Timara scowled at him. "I do not want to be that jerk's babysitter."

Just like that, Alec matched her scowl. "You're not my babysitter. It's just a freaking act to keep you here, ungrateful bit-"

"That would be enough, Alec," Uncle Zach said. 

Like an immature boy he was, Alec crossed his arms against his chest and glared down at the floor. And Timara, being immature, stuck her tongue out at him. 

"But what if you leave for other projects and films?" I asked. 

Uncle Zach smiled at me. "That's when I will declare to the school that Timara is like Alec's babysitter."

Oh, the joy of that day. As sadistic as it sounds, I enjoyed seeing both of my friends scowl like there's no tomorrow. It was like they were hating each single breath they take. 

"Hello?" I answered my phone and pretended to have a 'just woke up' voice.

"Hey, sorry if I woke you up," Alec whispered from the other side. 

"And why the hell are you calling at 3 am?"  I growled.

He chuckled. "Don't act like you were asleep. And it's 3:04 am."

"Nerd. How can you be so sure that I wasn't asleep?" 

"I know you," he said simply.

I didn't respond after that. Lately, Alec has been reading me like he knew me ever since. Well, he does know me ever since. But I knew I had already changed. So whenever he would just blurt things like that, I just space out in surprise. 

"So...meet me again at the usual pace," he said after awhile. 

<><><><><>

Alec and I have been meeting up at the rooftop. At times we would just stare at the night sky then fall asleep as we talked with each other. Sometimes, when one of us was stressed or just bummed out, we would smoke a spliff or just drink beer and then we'd end up laughing our asses off. 

"What's the sitch?" I asked, impersonating Kim Possible as I got on the roof.

Alec faced me with a smile on my face. "You know, you suck at impersonating people."

I laughed and took a seat on the metal air vent.

"One, two, three," Alec counted.

At the count of three a growling sound from where I sat came. The air vent opened and cold wind blew on my face.

"Your hair's longer," Alec observed. 

"Yeah, I need to get it cut. What do you think about green?" I asked.