Chapter 9 - Open For 12 Hours

There were times when I rant. But there were times when I wish. And sometimes I wish something that I would regret in awhile. But at the moment, I didn't care.

I didn't care at all.

Alec and I were seated on the cold ground as we laughed our asses off. The music was lightly playing at the background but we were too far away to distinguish what song it was.

"You got Tate bald?" I said still laughing.

Alec nodded his head as he laughed. "He was so mad!"

"What did he do after that?"

He brought his hand up to signal me to wait. Taking a deep breath, he sobered a bit but his shoulders were still shaking.

"He asked me to buy a wig."

Silence loomed over us before we cracked into another fit of laughter. It has been years since I last laughed like this. For awhile it seems like all I could give were just merely chuckles and small smiles. But with Alec, I knew my walls were breaking.

<><><><><>

Big dipper.

Orion.

We gazed at the constellations as we laid together on the grass. My eyelids were getting heavy but I kept them open. Alec's arm was touching mine and I knew that our hands were itching to touch.

"That's Orion's belt," he said pointing at some maze of stars.

I chuckled. With my shoulder, I bumped him hard enough. "You don't know how to read constellations."

His soft laugh echoed. The concert has been done for hours. The fans and the bands have been long gone, but Alec and I stayed at the same place.

"Whatever. But seriously, that's a constellation," he said seriously.

With my head still on the grass, I looked at him and saw that he was looking at me. Even it was dark, I could still see his blue eyes. His eyes never failed to amaze me. One moment they were blue at times they were green then they're gray.

"What then?" I challenged.

He released a deep sigh before looking back at the sky.

"Do you see that?" he asked.

I looked to where he was looking at but still didn't get it even though he was already pointing at it.

"That's not a constellation, Alec," I pointed out.

Alec shook his head and pulled me closer to him. His arm wrapped around my shoulder. My heart leaped and my skin tingled at the contact. But it was different. I didn't like being touched, but at the moment, instead of feeling threatened when someone touches me, I felt safe.

This was Alec. That guy who you put into a high pedestal. That guy that you adored even though he was covered with mud. That guy that you considered as your hero.

"That's called Alec and Tori."

I stopped. Everything stopped. I didn't know why, but at the moment, everything felt emotional and intimate. Those simple words felt like it meant a lot to me.

"That's not a constellation."

He shook his head with a smile forming on his face. He looked at me, we were inches apart.

"It is now."

I chuckled and pulled away. The position we were in was just too intense. I sat up and gazed at the stars that he pointed. It was those two bright stars that would catch your attention. Like the stars that was shown in Peter Pan.