Chapter 31 - Custaroons? I love you.

       It has been two weeks of trying to catch up with every school work I missed. It has been two weeks of trying to survive in school. It's been two weeks of hell.

       But to be honest, it wasn't that bad. My friends all chipped in into helping me get my ass back on track. Tate practically sweet talked anyone who was mad at me to any group projects I had been dragging down and was my literature genius, Sasha helped me with Math, Leo was my support in Art (let's be honest here, he's freaking Picasso), Timara taught me History, and Alec helped me with Science and was practically my boat who was keeping me from drowning. In collection, all of them were also getting my ass into therapy whenever I felt like ditching it.

       All was well and bearable with my friends helping out. So imagine my horror when one of them was going to go away.

       "Noooo!" I moaned grabbing her by the arm.

       Timara tried to pull away. "Come on, Tori. You know if I have a choice I would stay here."

       "Do you have a choice?" I asked.

       "No!"

       "Then tell me why you're leaving."

       Timara had this defeated look on her face. As soon as I saw it, I stopped pulling her. It was definitely something new for me to see. She really did have no choice.

        "Look, I'll be back here as soon as you need me. But right now, you're good, Tori. I just really need to go back to London. My father needs me. You know I've been waiting for forever for him to need me," she said softly.

        "Oh. I didn't know. I'm sorry, Ti. Fine, you can go. But I'll miss you."

        She smiled at me lightly and held out both of her arms in with a questioning look on her face.

        "Okay go!"

        Soon enough, I was engulfed in a huge hug. Yes it still did make my whole body shiver and still, but this was Timara. My best friend who had my back and never left my side. I was really gonna miss her.

        "Promise me you'll call. Give updates and shit. And don't get pregnant," I told her.

        She pushed me playfully. "I promise."

       As soon as she told me she was leaving California, she was already out of my sight and on the plane back to London. That was how important her father was to her. And that was not something I could argue about.

<><><><><>

       I was in bed while reading The Catcher in The Rye, a book report, when Alec entered my room. Well, he lightly knocked, but I deliberately ignored it because I was already engrossed in the book. Weirdly enough, I felt like the book was hitting some sensitive buttons in me.

        "Hey, notice me?" Alec said as he tried to pry the book away from me.

        "Go away. I'm reading," I muttered.

       He stopped prying the book from me, but he didn't leave. Instead he sat beside me on my bed and laid his head on the headrest, the same position I was in. His head was a bit close to mine which made me look at him. But he wasn't looking at me. Instead he was reading the book too.