Chapter 17 - Duck Tape My Mouth

A part of me was disappointed as I watched Alec walk away from Leo and I. The reason behind my disappointment was something I couldn't fathom. Maybe I wanted him to get jealous or something. Okay, that was just plain stupid.

Leo smiled at me once Alec was quickly gone. The smile only made me feel guiltier than I was. I regretted my decision of agreeing on a date with Leo. Hurting someone was something I was not afraid of doing. But this was Leo. And Leo was Leo. His smile was something so innocent like a child would possess. It was like something was telling me that it was not right to hurt this guy. And I knew all too well that I could, and will, hurt Leo. 

"Let's go?" he said.

I tried my best not to look back to where Alec was headed and nodded my head.

The party was in full swing once we got in. People were all over the place. The floor was littered with numerous of beer cans, bottles, and some cliche red cups. Not only was the floor dirty, but it was also wet and sticky from the foam.

"Hey, guys!" Tate came bouncing towards us.

"Why are you so jumpy?" I asked through the loud music.

His bouncing did not stop but the smile on his face only got bigger.

"Party!"

I rolled my eyes and turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Leo asked, grabbing my wrist.

My body stiffened from his touch. I slowly grabbed my wrist away from him. For months of being friends with Sasha, Leo and Tate, it seems like Tate and Sasha were aware of my hate with touch. But when it comes to Leo, it was like he was oblivious with it.

"I'm getting a drink," I answered with a shrug.

He just nodded his head and walked in the kitchen with me. Truth be told, I wanted some space. But it seems like Leo was considering this night as a date. If I was putting up with this, I needed a drink. I knelt on the floor and opened Alec's cabinet with his personal alcohol. Grabbing a bottle of Bourbon, I locked the cabinet and sat on the counter.

"How'd you know about that?" Leo asked, taking a seat beside me.

I took a swig from the bottle. The feeling of something burning came in my throat.

"He's always got a cabinet full of his favorite liquor. Found out about that one about a week ago," I said.

"You seem to know each other very well," he commented.

A smile made its way on my face as I thought about it. The friendship Alec and I shared was really something I would never exchange for a billion dollars.

"We do. We've been friends ever since I could remember."

Leo lowered his head. "What was I even thinking?"

I narrowed my eyes at his words. What was he saying?

Leo looked up at me with a light smile. But this smile was different from his other smiles. This one was a smile of defeat.

"He's really something to you. And you are something to him, Tori," he said softly.

My heart bumped. It was like that was something I have been dying to hear. I wanted someone to tell me that I was still something to Alec. Like maybe a part of him still wants to be with me. It doesn't even have to be like boyfriend and girlfriend, I just want him to be like the way he was. It was stupid, I know. I have been trying to fool myself into saying that I was never ever going to let Alec back in my life. But I was pass that. For months of us giving being friends a shot, I felt alive. It was like he was my fresh air.