Chapter 18 - Proclaimed Ungrateful

If I was asked to use a word to describe my relationship with Alec after the night at the party, I would use 'awkward'. After our conversation, our night consisted with us staring at the sky. The only sound that we produced was our own breathing. We didn't even bid each other a goodbye once we parted ways.

Monday came and I was walking to my first class with Timara. I missed walking with her to class. With her being a year higher to me, we didn't really walk to class together. Those times that she would walk with me would be either because she had free period or I was being bullied.

"Ugh, math," I groaned as we neared my class.

Timara chuckled as she bumped me with her hip. "Don't be so grumpy. At least you have to do something today. Unlike me, I have to bum around and act like the ogre's babysitter."

It would have made me laugh that she called Alec and ogre, but I was just too busy absorbing the negativity that Monday has brought for me.

"At least you don't get to do anything!"

"Believe me, you'll miss doing something."

I decided not to comment on that. Was that really what I would feel once I finished high school? Maybe I should get a job or enter college.

"Then why didn't you get a job or enter college?" I asked.

"I didn't get a job because my freaking sperm and money donor supports me. And I don't like college."

Ah, the perks of being Timara. She was an only child with a workaholic father. She wasn't a dependent woman. The only reason as to why she was acting dependent on her father's money was because she wanted to piss him off by being an annoying dependent daughter. But her plan was still not working. Her father has given her no attention other than money and expensive stuffs. For a tough girl like her, she really does want her father's affection.

"Travel the world?" I suggested.

She raised her eyebrows. "And let you go all crazy? No no."

I laughed. But my joy was short lived once I saw the open door of my math class.

"Can I just pretend I'm sick?"

Timara pushed me in the room. "No. Now go and study hard, Adams."

Soon I was just watching her walk away with her pink hair in a pony tail.

"Stop looking at Timara longingly, Tori!"

Oh, the joy of sharing maths with Tate.

I faced the cheeky blond with a mocking scowl on my face.

"Why must I have the pleasure of having math with you?" I asked sarcastically once I was sat beside him.

Tate flicked me on the forehead, only making my scowl grow deeper.

"Because you're a lucky son of a bitch!"

I rolled my eyes. "How unfortunate of me."

And I was really unfortunate. Ms. Henders came with a pile of paper in hand. For a math teacher, she looks nice. She was probably in her late 20's. But of course her nice looks did not match her personality. It was obvious that her life goal was to make hard tests that could make us fail.

"She's one hot teacher, but she ain't hot in the inside," Tate whispered to me.

I chuckled at that. For once, he got something right. 

"What are you laughing about, Ms. Adams?" Ms. Henders asked.

The smile on my face soon wavered.