Chapter 20 - Like Nothing Happened

Arms. Those were the first thing that I realized once I woke up. Strong arms were wrapped around my body. I jolted up from the bed with my eyes wide. My head was turning and it felt like all the food that I have consumed wanted to come out of my system. Good thing the blinds of the windows were shut. 

"Oh, please tell me I did not just hook up again," I muttered to myself.

I placed my head in my hands, ignoring the fact that someone was in bed with me. I was going to deal with that later. All I could remember from last night was feeling extremely jealous and angry. With what I felt, I started to flirt with Jimmy. Way to go, Tori. You hooked up with a stranger because you were angry with Alec.

"Rise and shine, Darling!" Tate came barging in my room with a smile on his face. 

Once he had laid his eyes on me and whoever was in the bed a cynical laugh escaped his lips. He laughed too loud that it was making my headache worse. His back was pressed against the wall as he held his stomach.

"Oh, this is so classic," he managed to choke out. 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Can you please laugh outside. It's making my headache worse."

Tate clamped his mouth shut, but his body was still shaking in laughter. "Details over breakfast!"

He ran out of the room, banging the door in the process. As soon as he had left, the body beside me moved. Well, I guess I was going to deal with this now. 

"Tate, you bitch!" his husky voice echoed around the room.

My body froze. What have I done, again. I felt my cheeks heat up at the sight of Alec. Sleep was obvious in his facial expression. His hair was all over the place and his eyes were still droopy.

"Hey, how are you?" he asked quickly, sleep gone from his face and voice.

"Huh?" I stupidly mumbled.

Alec narrowed his eyes. "Of course you don't remember anything. Do you feel alright?"

Why was he acting like we didn't so it last night?

"Did we- did we," I stuttered.

His blue eyes grew wide with his mouth hanging open.  "Oh no no."

I was immediately relieved. We didn't do it. So that was why he was acting as if nothing happened. Because nothing did happen.

Alec hands clasped mine. "Are you okay? Do you need something?" 

I narrowed my eyes at him. It was weird seeing him this nice, considering he was a jerk last night. Especially when he practically scared Jimmy away. He had no right. That was just unfair. He was in an almost threesome while I can't flirt. Unbelievable. But deep inside me was grateful. Who knows what I could have done if Alec didn't come into the picture. 

"Are you for real?" I hissed in disbelief. 

He was taken aback from my response. His shoulder tensed as confusion overcome him. It was like this wasn't how he thought I would react. 

"What?" he asked dumbly. 

"You're a hypocrite."

Without letting him utter another word, I got up from the bed and walked out. I tried to ignore this piercing feeling somewhere in me that was saying that something important happened last night. Slamming the door shut, I winced from the sound that caused another wave of pain in my head. Remind me not to drink too much, again. 

At the kitchen, I was greeted by the sight of Tate and Timara. It surprised me. Not because they were acting civilized, but because they were sucking faces on top of the counter.