15. New start

Chester wasn't at school in the next day. I was getting worried, so I decided to call him - for the fifth time on that day - since it was my lunch break.

He didn't answer.

"Fucking asshole" I muttered, starting to lose my nerve.

I called Sean, again.

"Hey Mike"

"Hey, can you please ask Chester to phone?" I asked.

"Why won't you call him by yourself?"

"I did but he won't pick up. Can you just... Give the phone to him?" I rubbed my face.

"He doesn't wanna talk to you"

"I bet that's true but I need to hear his voice" I hit my hand on the desk.

"Man, i'm worth of my words. I promised Chester that I make sure you can't call him"

"You son of a bitch!" I growled. "Is he okay?"

"Yes, he's fine"

"Thank god" I breathed in relief.

"He's been in his place all day. I've checked on him every hour. No signs of drug using"

"Thank god, thank god. Thank you for letting me know that. I was so worried" I said as I rested my head on my fist.

"Come to Woodstreet after your work. Chester might want to talk to you then. He's pretty upset with you, so good luck with that. I got some work, call me if something comes up"

"Yeah, okay, bye" I said and Sean hung up.

> Time jump; After Mike's work <

I was driving to the Woodstreet. I sighed deeply, I wish Chester doesn't hate me. I fucked up with my words and I know it. He's upset. How do you control upset Chester Bennington? Oh yeah, you don't. He gets harsh and shuts everyone out.

I parked down and walked to the building. I ran up the stairs and got to Chester's door. I knocked few times, and stepped in.

I saw Chester laying on his bed, and I said softly "Hi Chester"

He turned to see me. "The fuck you're doing here?"

"I came to see you" I told him.

"Well" he said, and got up, "I don't want to see you, now leave" he was ready to push me, but I grabbed his wrists.

"No" I breathed. "You need to listen to me"

"Fuck you, bitch. You crossed the line!" he shouted.

"Please, don't shout to me"

"Why not? The old man can't take it?" he said, pulling his wrists out of my grip. He sat on the kitchen table.

"Chester, I know I crossed the line. I shouldn't have mention your... Addiction. I'm really sorry for that. I really am" I said and Chester looked at me.

"Is that all?" he asked, harshly.

"No" I sighed. "I over-reacted about the truth what happened to Katherine. I was shocked, confused and... It was really weird moment. I couldn't believe what you said, but... When I think about it now... It doesn't sound that bad. You mother was a rapist, I get it. She didn't deserve to live, I get it. I get it Chester. I couldn't sleep last night because I was worried you would do something stupid! I.. I don't wanna lose you" I said.